General Information > GTG section

vwdiesel.net gathering.. 2013

(1/7) > >>

CRSMP5:
http://www.riverside-campground.com/calendar/index.html

looking at that page, looking at the other 2 shows i must attend, i think aug 9-11 fri-sun would work best...

do i need to find out deals? reserve things? how many will attend? id hope for 20ish of us.. 1st year and all..

we could kinda do it al'a cart.. tell them we expect to be.. and who ever shows pays up.. or we could try to "commit" to something and try to work a discount...

theman53:
sorry, it would have to be later or earlier for me. Probably earlier, but then it would be a question of what will I have running by then.

CRSMP5:
no way sooner.. unless may.. and i dont know what im pullin to have toaster ready for june show as is.. but between june/july show.. nope.. 3 day weekends nice and all.. but every other week for 6 weeks is pushing things for me..

if you have other place/spot/dates post up.. i just know what i can do... this trev's idea.. he in se pa.. this in ne pa.. kinda wanna let him run with it.. but only really had feedback on link above.. no one has ever seemed to get serious..

well if you want serious.. 1st post is place and date.. if not.. lets get it worked out..

RabbitJockey:
Anywhere it would be is relative close for me Erie is about 5 hours from me, te place Chris is posting is about is probably only 2 hours and its directly north of me.  The original idea was for early October once show season had wound down and there were less bugs in the air,  but anywhere we would camp is going to be in more mountainous areas which tend to be much cooler,  I actually love fall camping nothing beats brisk fall air and the colorful leaves but I know something this needs to appeal to the most people possible.  I think northwestern pa is definitely the key location but even where Chris has posted is only slightly east of what I'd call ideal plus they sound car and vw friendly

CRSMP5:
not car per say.. diesel... they got vw and all in diesel.. into waste oil burning.. so on... plus they all loved oops truck.. employees and the owner who owned it...

so that is why.. its not the biggest park for a big show.. aka no way madness sized.. but for 1 or 2 years for show beginning.. hell yea.. i guess the show could be moved out to the old grumman plant if it ever got that big.. 1000s of car parking there.. 10 min from camp ground..

reason #2.. all i have to do is call.. say oops truck.. they know who i am.. that gives me some weasel room to get a price deal..

prob with oct is kids/school.. collage... a fri-sun event where some gotta drive a half day or so.. on top of rain.. id hope we could set up nice fire.. ring of vw lovers sittin round having a good time...

cold.. rain... sorry.. id be more of a wimp.. must be older age.. i rember sleeping front seat with steering wheel in lap.. if i cannot streach out.. motel it is now... why i got kubvan.. i can streach.. but hate cold.. also greg (legless) would skip out due to temps.. he gets sick way too easy.. took him till 3 weeks ago to catch his 1st bug this year.. still woopin him will be a good 3-4 weeks till he close to not sick now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version