S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: 1.9 td aaz engine in fiat 126p project, help will be needed ;)  (Read 5774 times)

Reply #15October 25, 2012, 04:10:54 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
Re: 1.9 td aaz engine in fiat 126p project, help will be needed ;)
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 04:10:54 pm »
I am using 1.9 bottom end for now, i want the 1.9 displacement and i dont want to limit my revs, i am ready to push it as much as possible, but i read the pump is limiting that, if i know how to make it rev more, i wont hesitate ... i am ready to buy camshaft if needed. I am not afraid to push it, as i have spare engines, and i didnt invested anything in them yet. For the first engine i wont even port the head, i will do it on one of the spare engines, where i will rebuild with aftermarket rods and oversized pistons if needed. I read about the 1.6 crank is lighter, and maybe i will throw 1.6 crank in it if it fits ... i also have tdi engine, i can take the head and build mtdi pump in some future moment if needed or if its better option for more hp.

Is the governor mod the only way to raise the revs?

the governor mod IS THE ONLY WAY TO INCREASE REVS..

the 1.9 bottom end is just as capable as the 1.6 bottom end.. the pump is the limiting factor. first limitation is the governor. after you get rid of that, then the rollers start to skip around 6250 revs, unless your pump has stiffer return springs in it..

why are you NOT going to port the first head? it takes an afternoon to do, and the gains from it are WAY WORTH THE TROUBLES..

there is no combo of 1.6 and 1.9 bottom end parts that fit together and give a running engine when done..

if you want down low torque, and not as high of a RPM ceiling, then use the 1.9

but if you want a rev-happy engine that will spin to the moon and back, then use the 1.6 bottom end with a 1.9 head bolted on top..

the 1.6 really does rev alot easier tan the 1.9, and they dont blow up as much either..

the whole 1.6 rotating assembly is considerably lighter than the 1.9.. the 1.9 rods have WEIGHTS on the bottom of the bearing caps, as well as the rods are longer (heavier) and the pistons are bigger diameter (heavier) and the crank has a longer stroke, so it is heavier as well..

if you feel you need to use a 1.6 crank, then you need to use the rods, pistons, and block as well..

there is no rod/piston combo long enough to use a 1.6 crank in a 1.9 block.. the 1.9 block is 16mm taller than the 1.6 block..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Fixmyvw.com