Engine Specific Info and Questions > Diesel Swaps

b3 passat wagon 16v to MTDI swap *Glow plug wiring time*

(1/32) > >>

bbob203:
I have been planning this project for awhile now and I'm finally starting to get the parts together. This will be my place to post my progress ask questions and display picturres I may snap along the way. My goal for this car is a long haul car for doing cross country driving loaded up with a top cap for cargo and the back end setup with a mattress for sleeping.

Here's a list of what a plan on putting in the car..
1z motor out of 96 passat with libbydiesel mtdi pump
02a ctn tdi trans $550 3.15 r&p. .75 but I plan on using a. 68 if I can get one.
might go with a corado clutch

Here are some pics of the motor 230,xxx well maintained southern motor $1000  

RabbitJockey:
Question: passats are already hydro clutch right?

bbob203:

--- Quote from: Trev0rbr on October 21, 2012, 09:24:32 am ---Question: passats are already hydro clutch right?

--- End quote ---

they are but I'm buying the car empty with no engine or transmission parts. cable clutch more reliable to me.

CrazyAndy:
You know what to get for the cable conversion?  I have all the parts and can give you the PN's.   Also, the cable is NLA, so use a 1991 CRX cable;  I know it's long but you can loop it around the engine bay a bit.

EDIT:  The cable was advised for putting an 02A into a MK1, but it might still work which is why I suggested it.

bbob203:

--- Quote from: CrazyAndy on October 21, 2012, 11:22:25 am ---You know what to get for the cable conversion?  I have all the parts and can give you the PN's.   Also, the cable is NLA, so use a 1991 CRX cable;  I know it's long but you can loop it around the engine bay a bit.

EDIT:  The cable was advised for putting an 02A into a MK1, but it might still work which is why I suggested it.

--- End quote ---
I was gonna get this kit
 http://euro-wise.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=336

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version