S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: mk5 05 tdi pd....  (Read 6774 times)

October 15, 2012, 11:38:50 pm

CRSMP5

mk5 05 tdi pd....
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:38:50 pm »
well i just gotta do a

cam, timming belt, dmf/clutch job...

on a 05 pd mk5 jetta... what a turd...

made good $s for cali trip in less then 3 weeks... but hell he just blew ~$2k+ on it... really 700+ for cam pieces... 400ish on clutch... timming belt stuff... my labor... tools to do the 2 jobs ~200 too...

but owner ive worked on his car for 20 years... and of his time.. its his 4th jetta... a 82 gasser was his vw start... then 83 td coupe.. i ended up owning it and 2 years later sold it to myke_w... then he had his 98 tdi.. now this mk5..

we discussed his next car... he doubts tdi.. new ones junk.. he hates his pd... misses his old mk1.. :P but side air bags... ewwwww damb kids... like we wore seatbelts as kids... was not law back then...

but i got to drive it... its really "peeky" on how the turbo hits.. it hits hard.. little lag then like snap neck... 1st pd ive drove.. supposed to be like that?? owner says runs better now then the day he got it couple years ago.. :P must have done good job.. :D

but po was wizbang.. did hid own belt.. ruined the aluminum mount :( so who knows what he did prior to my work..

S-PAutomotive.com