S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: k14 turbo on a TDI??  (Read 11012 times)

Reply #15September 23, 2012, 12:12:32 am

libbydiesel

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

Re: k14 turbo on a TDI??
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 12:12:32 am »
Maybe I should have qualified that a little.  If you aren't a total moron who's completely out of touch with your vehicle, when you notice that the vanes are starting to stick, all you have to do is take it on a freeway cruise or up an extended grade and they will be completely cleaned.

Reply #16September 23, 2012, 12:28:27 am

GTiTDi

• Junior

• Personal Text
    Schnell Snail TDI performance
    • My 91 GTI --> TDI swap thread
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 12:28:27 am »
Maybe I should have qualified that a little.  If you aren't a total moron who's completely out of touch with your vehicle, when you notice that the vanes are starting to stick, all you have to do is take it on a freeway cruise or up an extended grade and they will be completely cleaned.
Well I have only had to fix other's VNT issues, and from what I can tell most people these days are morons, and drive slower than cold sap, in the left lane.... >:(
91 GTI/ AHU spec'd 1Z power, GT2052W w custom adapter (available through me, PM me for details),TDTUNING software, PP764 nozzles, Massive spearco FMIC, PD intake, Koni reds
97 B4VGLX AHU, RC3, 357's, PP'd head, Shine springs and Koni yellows

Reply #17September 23, 2012, 09:48:03 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 09:48:03 am »
Well I have only had to fix other's VNT issues, and from what I can tell most people these days are morons, and drive slower than cold sap, in the left lane.... >:(

Ha ain't that true!  I shouldn't be riding people's ass in a 50hp car haha.  If you never freed a stuck wastegate, you never owned a kkk turbo haha.  Sure vnt is not much more maintenance if at all and it wouldn't have become the diesel industry standard if it was, but that being said wg turbos certainly are no handicap and some people are not related to rube goldberg, So simple is beautiful.
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit