Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: pos toyota...  (Read 2222 times)

September 17, 2012, 10:56:19 pm

CRSMP5

pos toyota...
« on: September 17, 2012, 10:56:19 pm »
ok ill say over a mo ago i did front brakes on one of them 2 door camery convertables... they got some odd name.. but what it is...

comes in.. i pull it apart for rotors/pads.. how hard ya know... put it together... odd brake noise... from left front... one i did 1st..

pull apart see where it looks like the caliper carrier is somehow hitting the rotor in 1 spot... just 1.. every thing clean rust free.. makes no since at all... none... did not hit the old worn out rotor... get new rotor turned some to get it out of the shop...

well its been 6 or so weeks.. finally got it back to replace the spindle as some how the mounting ears got to be bent on the other one... how to bend cast steel.. no idea...

so take it apart... the carrier to ear bolt in area that was rust free has rusted over??? wtf.. how... worse.. if it did not have the gap to rust.. my life would have been worse.. thats the area hitting the rotor.. would have hit more!!

my question to all of you... how...

my theory... i tend to do left front 1st as thats closest to the tool box... car just drove in off the street... had to double up leather gloves to touch the rotor... i am thinking the spindle is really warm... the caliper carrier supports the spindle eye holes... and due to heat.. one of the eye holes warped as it cooled down with no carrier in place..

i just do not get it... customer pissed... boss pissed... i confused...

Reply #1September 19, 2012, 01:21:46 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
Re: pos toyota...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 01:21:46 pm »
sounds plausible to me chris..

because i know steel usually wont warp when it has something holding it in place (the caliper)

what was it, one of those camry solara's?
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.