S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: MK1 Disc Brakes?  (Read 6814 times)

Reply #15August 25, 2012, 04:01:57 pm

danster

• Junior

Re: MK1 Disc Brakes?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 04:01:57 pm »
whats the want for a hydro hand break?

If it is setup correctly then it can be a more powerful brake than just using the cables.
This is useful if carrying out handbrake turns around cones in autotests, or other events where breaking the back end of the car away is desired to set the car up for a corner. Generally gravel rallies and that sort of thing.

Reply #16August 25, 2012, 05:54:38 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 05:54:38 pm »
well addig a hydro rear "lock" imo can be a good thing... summit racing sells lock valves that require a key to unlock... press pedal down.. push button on lock.. locks the rear pressure to rear wheels... take foot off brake and still applied...

why... theft deturent... unless the pop a bleeder ree.. no turn...

case where this may be god... my next mk purchase... no roof/doors to "locj it up" and ignition switch not that hard to disable... so cold mean my car still sittin there when time to go home...

Reply #17August 30, 2012, 05:42:45 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 05:42:45 pm »
whats the want for a hydro hand break?

If it is setup correctly then it can be a more powerful brake than just using the cables.
This is useful if carrying out handbrake turns around cones in autotests, or other events where breaking the back end of the car away is desired to set the car up for a corner. Generally gravel rallies and that sort of thing.

wow.. i feel dumb now.

totally forgot how much i use the e-brake on gravel roads when im in my beater cars.. and ive snapped a few cables because of it!

yes, i can see how the hydro e-brake would be nice..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

S-PAutomotive.com