Author Topic: Shiping?????????????????????  (Read 2922 times)

April 18, 2006, 12:36:29 pm

dirtytom

• User+

Shiping?????????????????????
« on: April 18, 2006, 12:36:29 pm »
I have a lead on a tdi engine that needs a head gaskit in Worcestershire, United Kingdom for next to nothing and I would convert it to mech tdi. So here is my question does anybody know the weight of early tdi engines and how to ship it to jacksonville fl. in the US. I am having trouble finding a shiping company and am trying to figure out if it would be cost afective.
Thanks

It is sad when you smell smoke while driving and you think" some poor SOB must have an engine fire. Oh well sucks to be them" only to notice smoke billowing out of your car and be over heard saying "not again".

Reply #1April 18, 2006, 01:48:21 pm

greggearhead

• Junior

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 01:48:21 pm »
Wow - not sure on that, but by boat would be the only economical way, and I would try hard to find a local company that ships containers from UK to your locale.  I shipped some stuff from Europe to Colorado years ago on containers that the company I worked for had shipped.  That was easy, but I suspect it is gonna be tough to find for you.
Caddy (TD Project), Caddy 1.6D, etc etc.

Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection

Reply #2April 18, 2006, 02:03:36 pm

BlackTieTD

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 02:03:36 pm »
when i looked into that a few years ago i could only pay for a full shipping container... not just 'go along for the ride' on a mostly-full container. i didn't have that much to ship so i gave up on it.

Reply #3April 18, 2006, 05:59:55 pm

wyldman

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 05:59:55 pm »
Call Forward Air.They ship to wierd locations for really good prices.Can't guarantee they will be able to hook you up,but it's worth a try.

www.forwardair.com

Make sure you call them for a quote,as it will differ from the website.
Auto Proformance Services - VW Diesel parts and service
(416)565-7282

S-PAutomotive.com