S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: AAZ & 1.6 NA parts  (Read 4326 times)

July 04, 2012, 11:56:57 pm

CrazyAndy

• Veteran

AAZ & 1.6 NA parts
« on: July 04, 2012, 11:56:57 pm »
These parts are from an AAZ, canadian 1.9 VW non-TDI turbodiesel engine.  I purchased the motor and parts with intent to assemble a stock motor, but the block had to be bored 0.5mm over, so decided to rebuild with bigger power goals in mind.  
AAZ manifold: Intake SOLD.  Exhaust SOLD
The Turbo: SOLD
Finally the AAZ pistons:  No rings or pins, just the pistons.  Standard piston bore sizing of 79.48mm.  Cleaned soot and oil off.  Slight vertical wear marks on skirts but no loss of diameter as result.  Some small scratches on first land as result of ring removal, but can be deburred with steel wool.  This engine had about 270K miles, and it's crank timing belt sprocket was slightly loose, causing light valve marks in the pistons w/ depressions of no more than 0.9mm in pitted area on #1 intake valve area of contact.  Obviously they're not perfect, but they are serviceable; just don't run under excessive boost/fueling.

These parts are off of a 1.6 NA diesel motor from an '81 Rabbit that is being replaced due to a cracked block.
1.6 NA diesel manifold:  Cleaned inner filter box and intake runners of oil inside and out.  Includes plastic filter box cover.  Sorry but no intake snorkel, as that got misplaced.  If I find it and it is sold already, I'll PM OB and send for no expense.
1.6NA diesel injector lines:  SOLD

Price: $ [60/piston set (prices OBO, very negotiable on pistons due to wear), 35 NA manifold assy.] + shipping.  I'm quite flexible on stuff, so if you think I'm asking a little too much or need a part badly just let me know and we can surely work something out.  You guys are my diesel bros; I'll help any way I can.

Pictures:
AAZ intake SOLD

AAZ exhaust SOLD

K03 turbo SOLD

AAZ pistons

1.6NA intake

1.6NA injector lines SOLD

As stated, prices are OBO.
Thanks for reading, and have a nice day! :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:13:42 pm by CrazyAndy »

Reply #1July 05, 2012, 03:37:29 pm

Blocksmith

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Wrench Lurker
Re: AAZ & 1.6 NA parts
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 03:37:29 pm »
Read through your post, and didn't see any prices? ???
Green 83 Rabbit 4dr, 5 speed ACH trans swap, ported 1.6D mech lifter w/ vnt15, na pump w/ gov mod, gasser intake mani, 2.5" exhaust, bilstein sports and cut mk2 springs, ss brake lines, 14" vw bottlecaps

Reply #2July 05, 2012, 06:07:47 pm

CrazyAndy

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 06:07:47 pm »
Sorry about that; edited post.  Or feel free to make an offer.

Reply #3July 13, 2012, 11:30:10 am

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 11:30:10 am »
does that turbo have a chipped blade on the wheel?

my buddy is interested in it, but im not going to let him buy it if its messed up.. i dont wanna deal with exploded turbos.
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #4July 16, 2012, 06:22:12 pm

CrazyAndy

• Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 06:22:12 pm »
does that turbo have a chipped blade on the wheel?

my buddy is interested in it, but im not going to let him buy it if its messed up.. i dont wanna deal with exploded turbos.

Sorry dude, I just sold this to another forum member and shipped it Friday.  But to answer your question I didn't see chips on the wheels, but then again I never had the exhaust side completely apart.  I'll be sure to talk to the guy I sold this to.

Reply #5July 17, 2012, 03:23:52 pm

wolf_walker

• Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 03:23:52 pm »
Got the intake just fine, quick shipping and good packing.   8)
Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become ignorant.
Mentat Text Two

Fixmyvw.com