General Information > Smoke Tales

A smoke free tale....silly DPF's

(1/2) > >>

GTiTDi:
I was lucky enough to take a two week vacation to Schwabmuhlhausen, Bayern last month. Rented a 2011 Golf 1.6TDI with a 5 spd manual. What a fun little car! Beat the scheisse out of it the whole time, put 1,000 km's on it and only burned 3/4 of a tank of fuel. It was good for around 200 km/h indicated, pretty damn good for a stock diesel in my book! I also drove a friend's 2009 BMW 525d with a 6 spd manual, and went surprisingly well for a larger car! No matter how hard I floored either car, no black smoke was emitted. I guess the engineers are doing a good job cleaning up the new diesels. I still missed the ability to blot out traffic behind me, my favorite Spy Hunter like trick.
Now onto some pictures!
Here is the mk6 Golf

The important part

A new scirocco...Thanks for not importing them VWOA! dicks!

What my next TDI swap would be...

A nice model of the original Diesel engine on display in The Golden Hall, Augsburg. (also the home of Rudolf Diesel)

hillfolk'r:
For those last 2 pictures it would have been cool if you were kneeling down like you were praying to the god of diesel. :)

745 turbogreasel:
If you take the engine cover off your rental car

...You might nave a sickness ;D

Also, wow, they sure have got more complicated.

bbob203:

--- Quote from: 745 turbogreasel on June 16, 2013, 05:07:55 pm ---
Also, wow, they sure have got more complicated.

--- End quote ---

That's what I was thinking... I don't drive a honda for that reason I don't like a 1000 pc jigsaw puzzle under the hood.

745 turbogreasel:
Hondas are pretty easy  ones you get past the 65 vacuum hose models of the early 80s.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version