S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Ford lullz  (Read 5737 times)

Reply #15June 23, 2012, 12:52:30 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
Re: Ford lullz
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 12:52:30 pm »
how would a bad lift pump let it run long enough to damage anything? when my lift pump quits, my car DIES in short order!

It's mounted on the block and when it fails it typically leaks diesel into the crankcase. The IP does have an internal lift pump so it can pull it's own fuel, it just isn't good for the IP.
Tyler

Reply #16August 13, 2012, 02:05:56 am

Toby

• Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 02:05:56 am »
. He also has a weird internal high pressure oil pump leak or something that causes the oil pressure gauge to drop to 0 at idle... Yet obviously it still has oil pressure since it continues to run.

Ahhh...... No. An engine will run a surprising long time with 0 oil pressure, A buddy of mine had a 3 year old Caddy with a motor that was going bad 500 miles before the warranty ran out. So we drained the oil and drove it until it lunched the bottom end. We then put the oil back in and headed for the dealer. Almost made it before we ventilated the block. It took 25 minute with no oil at highway speeds before it went.

I once rode back from the crusher in a big 6 car hulk transporter with no oil in it because of a filter leak. The owner would not pay fro the oil to limp it home. Almost made it. We got about  25 miles before it failed. Had to finish the 1/2 rack before we could hitch hike home.

Reply #17August 13, 2012, 06:05:09 am

745 turbogreasel

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 06:05:09 am »
. He also has a weird internal high pressure oil pump leak or something that causes the oil pressure gauge to drop to 0 at idle... Yet obviously it still has oil pressure since it continues to run.

Ahhh...... No. An engine will run a surprising long time with 0 oil pressure,
Not one that runs its injectors by pressurizing oil.

Reply #18August 13, 2012, 12:27:03 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 12:27:03 pm »

Ahhh...... No. An engine will run a surprising long time with 0 oil pressure,
Not one that runs its injectors by pressurizing oil.

its QUITE impossible to run a 6.0 or 7.3 powerchoke out of oil.. the oil is used to operate the injectors.. without oil for the HPOP to pump, it DOES NOT run..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Fixmyvw.com