General Information > User's ride Wall

2 Jettas and a GTI

(1/2) > >>

JessaBug:
Well, buying a house and having a garage means more cars!

Our '84 Jetta TD GL. Unknown mileage...186k+ (odo was stopped at 180k when we got the car...works now!) Got it in July of 2008. Did a full rebuild on it end of 2010-beginning of 2011. Slight overbore, rebuilt turbo, Giles pump, 2.5" exhaust (DP and everything). Definitely a fun ride. Still a work in progress but it gets driven and 43mpg around town (51mpg highway without even trying). Love this car. Build thread here: http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?topic=26483.0

This one is mine. My NB was totaled in an accident in August, so I snagged this Black Magic Pearl 20th Anniversary GTI. Great car...1.8t coupled with a 6-speed manual. 117k. Definitely the fast car of the family! No mods yet...in fact I swaped out the CAI for stock airbox last weekend. I want to get the stock Aristos back on it and probably get it chipped this year  ;D

And this is the new project and my hubby's future DD. He's still stuck with the '00 Honda Accord auto for now, but just got a few things to take care of on this gem for that to change. Its an '01 Jetta TDI. Probably a dead auto. Getting a 5-speed swap in the coming weeks and a timing belt job. 114k and got it for a steal. Its nice having 3 VWs in the driveway...  Build thread here: http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?topic=30808.0

RIP to my NB. She was a 2.0L 5-speed, but she was a blast to drive and own. She was my first car and I had her for 6 1/2 years until a Prius crossed the center line and hit me almost head on. She had less than 102k on her and planned on keeping her much longer. Sad day when I lost her, but she protected me very well (had a sprained hand, airbag burns, some bruising and a gash on my arm...all from the airbag) and I walked away, which is all I could ask for.

In her better days:

8/17/11  :'(

theman53:
good job coming out barely injured. That wouldn't buff out???

BigVWman:
Please tell us at least the prius died a horrible death? I hate no vehicle more than a prii!

R.O.R-2.0:

--- Quote from: BigVWman on February 03, 2012, 04:09:51 pm ---Please tell us at least the prius died a horrible death? I hate no vehicle more than a prii!

--- End quote ---

i think that its normal for VW diesel enthusiasts to HATE prii

JessaBug:
The drivers front was pretty trashed...she tried to run but the car stopped a block down the road. The story of everything and this other driver was just incredibly ridiculous. Just glad to be done with it. Sad my beloved NB was destroyed, but I walked away. Both airbags deployed, frame was bent, front and rear suspension damage (front axle was ripped out of the trans) not to mention all the body damage. Easy total...I think they estimated nearly $8k in damage.

A few weeks ago we were almost side-swiped by a Prius in our Honda. I really hate Prii...and people who text and drive (she claimed that's what she was doing...not sure if its true). I'm all about saving the environment but I've never liked the Prius. A friend of mine got one and she now hates it with a passion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version