General Information > User's ride Wall

Video Walk-around of the Eco as she sits now...

(1/2) > >>

DieselBalz:
I couldn't figure out how to embed it, so I apologize for the click through..

http://youtu.be/1BhL-GEjNbY

rs899:
Did you repaint it?  IIRC we had the same issue, burned up paint on the trunk, top and hood.  I just repainted my top surfaces and it looks a lot better, but yours with the snowflakes is much nicer.  Mine is really drab...

DieselBalz:
When I got it the hood looked like this:

Than I stripped it to the metal, and shaker canned three coats of primer, and three coats of satin black.
Came out like this:

A respray is planned for the same color, professionally though. Ill handle the little ding on the hood and dented panel above the bumper, prep it.

I heart my factory color matched Snowflakes. Just wish they were fifteens.

8v-of-fury:
Hood came out lookin super nice. How did you manage an even covering with the spray can?

rs899:
Satin black seems to be a fairly cooperative color out of a rattle can.

I just happened to find a whole unopened gallon of RML grey at my friendly household hazardous waste center (aka dump) that almost perfectly matched this hideous color.  It's just a wee bit blue ( actually nicer) but hardly noticeable when the car is dusted as it is by the dirt road we live on.  If I find the energy, I may repaint the sides with it, but just doing the upper panels saved 90% of the masking.

Actually, no- if I have that much energy I will repaint the car in something lighter.  It's hell on wheels having a dark car in Florida.  Also, as the big bumpers are painted with this miserable color, it makes the whole car look like a whale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version