S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Jetta seat swap  (Read 2531 times)

January 19, 2012, 07:10:13 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Jetta seat swap
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:10:13 pm »
I have a question for all of you multiple car owners.  Can I put a pair of Jetta seats, the front ones, into my 81 Rabbit.  It has those two feet that slide in the tracks on the floor and that center rail on top the support up front. 

If they do go in are Jetta seats taller or shorter than the Rabbits. 

Looking to gain a little room below the steering wheel and perhaps get back a bit more from the pedals.  Just one drawback to being over average height.

Let me know. Thanks DAS

Reply #1January 19, 2012, 07:48:55 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
Re: Jetta seat swap
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:48:55 pm »
I have a question for all of you multiple car owners.  Can I put a pair of Jetta seats, the front ones, into my 81 Rabbit.  It has those two feet that slide in the tracks on the floor and that center rail on top the support up front. 

If they do go in are Jetta seats taller or shorter than the Rabbits. 

Looking to gain a little room below the steering wheel and perhaps get back a bit more from the pedals.  Just one drawback to being over average height.

Let me know. Thanks DAS

stock seats kinda suck.. ive noticed that the best stock style seats, are the ones out of early mk2s with height adjustment..

and for the not-so-stock seats, you have the beloved recaros, and Corrado seats also.. they put you much closer to the floor than stock seats..

mk1 seats of any type are PRETTY HIGH..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #2January 19, 2012, 09:36:19 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 09:36:19 pm »
So can I do the swap to Jetta seats? 

I am so glad I have a sunroof in my car.  It lets me know every bump I go over too fast.  If I open it I can straighten up the seat some and not do that road slouch thing as I drive.

Reply #3January 20, 2012, 12:23:06 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 12:23:06 pm »
So can I do the swap to Jetta seats? 

I am so glad I have a sunroof in my car.  It lets me know every bump I go over too fast.  If I open it I can straighten up the seat some and not do that road slouch thing as I drive.

what year is the jetta? you never did tell us..

if your car is an early mk1, and i think it is, then you will have to use the pass seat on the drivers side, and vice versa.. the seat brackets are backwards on earlier mk1 cars. i know they are different between my 81 and 84 rabbit..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.