Author Topic: Central/Southern Ontario exhaust shops?  (Read 3013 times)

January 04, 2012, 04:43:50 pm

8v-of-fury

Central/Southern Ontario exhaust shops?
« on: January 04, 2012, 04:43:50 pm »
Where can I get a full exhaust fabricated in central/southern ontario? I would be willing to drive to get it done.. as I can't justify some shops locally wanting both arms and both legs for one.

Right now I have a shotty pieced together by me exhaust system, with leaks at every juncture..  ;D There is a flex pipe downpipe connected to a cherry bomb, then a straight through the tunnel, three more connections before going over the axle, and then like two more clamped connections going behind my rear tire.. lol I was/am young and stupid and it only needed to pass a quick safety to get it from my mothers name to mine.

Either I'd like to pay for an ok system or id build it again myself, but properly, not piecing together as i go.

Reply #1January 04, 2012, 07:23:21 pm

dieselweasel

• Veteran

Re: Central/Southern Ontario exhaust shops?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 07:23:21 pm »
What do you consider to be both arms and legs?  Have you tried Nyhoff auto off line 15?  If you want, I can give you the number for a place here in Lindsay that's pretty cheap. 
'94 Jetta TD dusty mauve-302,xxx kms

Reply #2January 04, 2012, 07:52:44 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 07:52:44 pm »
http://www.gerryandsons.aaro.ca/index.php?p=home
These guys did the exhaust on Gile's car. I think it was around the $300 mark for 2.5 or 3" with a performance muffler.
Tyler

Reply #3January 04, 2012, 11:10:48 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 11:10:48 pm »
Well see here is the catch. The only reason I want to do an exhaust is because she leaks something fierce and there is exhaust entering the car. HOWEVER! I do not want to drop a bunch of cash because when I go TDI i will be running no exhaust, just a side pipe near the front tire SAvvy? (pirates of the Caribbean reference)

I will contact them Tyler, and drop Giles' name ;) Thank-you.

Dieselweasel, Line 15 of what township? They're contact info would be appreciated. If anything they can give me some pieces to build my own.

Reply #4January 05, 2012, 09:35:20 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 09:35:20 pm »
How soon are you going TDI? Just patch it 8)
Tyler

Reply #5January 06, 2012, 02:06:07 am

8v-of-fury

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 02:06:07 am »
How soon are you going TDI? Just patch it 8)

I am the king of "just patch it" lmao. I don't even know why I entertained the idea of getting an exhaust shop to do my exhaust! ;)

Ok so here is the dilemma then.. I have a flex pipe down pipe.. It is the stock toilet bowl cut off and a flex pipe clamped to it that bends down and under and clamps to my cherry bomb muffler. All before the shifter. It then has a VERY poor weld to a straight piece, another crummy weld to a bend.. more crummy welds. The only actual solid piece is the patch I did to get my side pipe over the axle to pass a safety. Its legit, but hardly matters squat for keeping exhaust out of the car.

It is leaking right at the toilet bowl/flex pipe junction i believe. The rough cold starts with the hood open will just fill the engine area with smoke from behind the motor.. I think i'm gonna crawl under there and smear an entire tube of exhaust sealer/cement. lol

Reply #6January 24, 2012, 04:01:38 pm

clbanman

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Cambridge, Ontario
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 04:01:38 pm »
I realize they are some distance from you, but several co-workers have had stainless exhaust systems done by L & M Stainless Exhaust (RR 4 Brantford, Ontario N3T 5L7,  519-449-5288) for prices that were in the same ballpark as stock systems.   Their work I've seen is very impressive.
Calvin
91 VW Golf 1.6NA 5spd

Fixmyvw.com