Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Next, I will start building the mount  (Read 11096 times)

Reply #30November 15, 2011, 02:18:48 am

Toby

• Veteran

Re: Next, I will start building the mount
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 02:18:48 am »
the problem toby is this... his pics suck.. there is nothing i can see in them to have caused triangulation issues.. or weld issues.. so i cannot see how your panties got in a twist..

next ive seen in real life the $$$$$$$$$ version... you really need to buy one of them.. then i wanna see your opinions of this who issue...

That is because he edited the post and took down the other pictures that showed the bottom of the mount complete with tiny gusset and bad welds. You are correct that the pics here show neither. They are not the ones I was referring to and all of my comments about the mount are gone. Interesting BBS where someone else can delete your posts. Makes one wonder if anything here is reliable if someone else can selectively edit your posts.

Reply #31November 15, 2011, 05:45:44 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 05:45:44 pm »
the problem toby is this... his pics suck.. there is nothing i can see in them to have caused triangulation issues.. or weld issues.. so i cannot see how your panties got in a twist..

next ive seen in real life the $$$$$$$$$ version... you really need to buy one of them.. then i wanna see your opinions of this who issue...

That is because he edited the post and took down the other pictures that showed the bottom of the mount complete with tiny gusset and bad welds. You are correct that the pics here show neither. They are not the ones I was referring to and all of my comments about the mount are gone. Interesting BBS where someone else can delete your posts. Makes one wonder if anything here is reliable if someone else can selectively edit your posts.

post was edited. pics are gone. i even saw the pics and posted something about them.

sad thing was, i am the one who originally said something about the triangulation. he had told me about it before, about how there was gonna be a triangle between the pieces, so i said it was gonna be triangulated plenty good.

then i saw the pictures, and i uh.. questioned the triangulation, and the weld quality. the thread has been edited by more people than just Lucas too..

this thread is a complete waste of time now, and needs a lock/delete to happen.

im going to build a mount for my GTI/VNT/DIESEL, and it will be built like no other. hang onto your panties ladies and gentlemen. and if i post up any pics of anything on here, i always expect to receive criticism from them. most of the time its good criticism, but still, you get the idea. not every time is it 100% positive criticism from everyone..

anyways, i wish we had some full time mods, it sure would be nice to get this forum back to the state it used to be. a calm place where well knowledged people gathered to share ideas..

its worse than the vortex now guys. cant believe we all let it get this FU####G bad!!! its all a bunch of chest bumping, and a big war about whos penis is longest now..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #32November 15, 2011, 10:13:51 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 10:13:51 pm »
I vote for the delete and burn on this one.  Moderator please?

Reply #33November 15, 2011, 10:25:21 pm

BigVWman

• Veteran

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 10:25:21 pm »
1st page had some moderately interesting info and pics for a good starting point, should try and salvage that delete the rest and locK it would be my vote! HECk no need for chest thumping lets all build one and post up pics for criticism! Who has a vnt they can give me so i can start mine? :P
Tim
83 rabbit shell 92 cabby tdi conversion, 91 cabby aba conversion, 87 cabby,  87 gti,  01nb tdi new project,00 1.8t nb, 98 ranger,92 f150 flareside(its pink) 97 cabrio and a 00 cabrio!

Reply #34November 15, 2011, 10:27:45 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 10:27:45 pm »
I am back.
I haven't read all of this, but I can imagine the way it went so far.
At any rate, I will sell to GTD members. I ordered 10 sets today that will be ready in a few weeks. I will weld them and sell them for 75.00 each plus shipping.
Good luck to those who want to build their own and "triangulate"=gusset the heck out of it. I understand the sentiment, but as you will find there really isn't that much room. It may or may not look like it but that inlet is really in your way...if you do want to connect an air filter. Like I said in my other post I will probably add a gusset to the bottom, but it is real close to the axle. The idea is good, I like overkill, but the goal of my mount is to be functional and affordable. Functionality being that you can hook up your stuff and it should support the engine. The only thing I am slightly concerned with is 1/4" plate going to be enough. If it isn't there really isn't room to go thicker, so take it or leave it.

BTW, I will gaurantee the welds. I will not comment anymore about it or get into any pissing match with anyone, but I know with my training and with what I have done to the mount I couldn't sell, I will stand behind every mount I perform...questions just ask the wife :D
If I don't sell a mount oh well...I have a small one LOL

Reply #35November 15, 2011, 11:04:14 pm

maxfax

• Veteran

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 11:04:14 pm »
Damn, and I just put a down payment on a powder blue Prius....    :'(

Reply #36November 15, 2011, 11:12:17 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 11:12:17 pm »
Its ok. I still love you...I have been drinking my home made wine, about half gallon, so I am in good spirits.

Powder blue?

Reply #37November 16, 2011, 12:07:43 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 12:07:43 am »
A manly hue is powder blue.  To raise a stink wear pink.

Reply #38November 16, 2011, 12:42:59 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 12:42:59 am »
I love it pink

Reply #39November 27, 2011, 03:13:53 am

Toby

• Veteran

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2011, 03:13:53 am »
It shows.

Reply #40November 27, 2011, 03:21:09 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2011, 03:21:09 pm »
you 2 better not start bickering again  >:(

im tired of all of it, if enough of us get ahold of marc about the issues, he will probably just shut down the server..

we wouldnt like that now would we?

so, everyone, please do me/yourselves a favor..

AND BEHAVE YOURSELVES!!!

i kinda like having this forum as a resource, and i know many others do too, and i would be EXTREMELY PISSED OFF if a couple @$$ holes ruined everything for everyone just because they have to have a penis war..

/endrant

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #41November 27, 2011, 04:44:41 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2011, 04:44:41 pm »
I don't ever remember bad mouthing theman53.  In fact he did me a great favor selling me some parts this summer so I actually owe him that favor back.  Maybe send him another Troll with Powder Blue hair to make him a set. 

And yes the bickering sort of detracted the knowledge base here for awhile and I am trying not to derail threads as that seems to be my worst offense. 

Back to status quo? 

Reply #42November 27, 2011, 04:51:04 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2011, 04:51:04 pm »
I don't ever remember bad mouthing theman53.  In fact he did me a great favor selling me some parts this summer so I actually owe him that favor back.  Maybe send him another Troll with Powder Blue hair to make him a set. 

And yes the bickering sort of detracted the knowledge base here for awhile and I am trying not to derail threads as that seems to be my worst offense. 

Back to status quo? 

i know you been being good. i was aiming that last post at Lucas and Toby..

its really sad, i used to be one of the worst users on the forum, as for tact and people skills, and now ive done a COMPLETE 180*, and now im one of the ones trying to defuse situations, unless someone tells me my logic is flawed, and i know its accurate..

Reply #43November 27, 2011, 05:05:32 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2011, 05:05:32 pm »
Somehow I scrolled right by Tobys response and thought your comment was directed at me.  Need to slow the roller wheel down I guess.

Reply #44November 27, 2011, 05:06:30 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2011, 05:06:30 pm »
Somehow I scrolled right by Tobys response and thought your comment was directed at me.  Need to slow the roller wheel down I guess.

hahaha.. gives a new meaning to the term "slow your roll"

S-PAutomotive.com