S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Exhaust for 93 cabby 1.6 TD conversion - quiet please!  (Read 5292 times)

Reply #15January 30, 2006, 10:58:32 am

BlackTieTD

• Veteran

Exhaust for 93 cabby 1.6 TD conversion - quiet please!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 10:58:32 am »
TDI would be nice, but i want to play with that superturbo setup. no one's put anything like that out in a while, i'd like to dig in to that puppy, but would be beyond my 'bang-for-buck' requirements i'm sure  :lol:

but, give a little time for the motors to come up on the used market and sign me up for a TSI rabbit  :P

Reply #16January 30, 2006, 03:47:10 pm

veeman

• Veteran

Re: Where does the muffler go?
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 03:47:10 pm »
Quote from: "RichMason"
When you guys say muffler, are we talking about the center resonator or the rear muffler? Do I need both or just one?

On my caddy, I just have a resonator.  It looks like this:

I've since then finished the rear hanger, but I still don't have a tip on there.  I got the resonator at some local parts place for $17 or something.

This setup is not too loud at all.  I think it sounds pretty good...   Even at full load it's not offensive like a gas engined car would be.   With the five speed, it does drone a bit at around 75 mph, but I can live with that.  I cruise at around 60-65.

I might experiment with a single Dynomax oval muffler in the future to see if that takes the buzz out at highway speeds, but I hate to lose that great turbo sound...
81 Caddy TD
98 Audi A4 Quattro V6 TDI
83 VW GTI FSP
86 4ktq

S-PAutomotive.com