Author Topic: fs: 1.5 and 1.6 parts  (Read 3366 times)

June 04, 2011, 11:28:16 pm

meanvw

• User+

fs: 1.5 and 1.6 parts
« on: June 04, 2011, 11:28:16 pm »
This is a collection of parts that I accumulated while building my rabbit.  Now that it's complete, I am cleaning house.

Local pickup in Milwaukee WI is preferred.  All prices listed are the price picked up in Milwaukee. 

I will ship most any part.  You can get yourself an estimate on the shipping cost by going to UPS.com.    No, I will not ship overseas. 

If someone wanted to pickup everything locally, I'd do $300/offer for everything shown.  I am selling pieces individually as well.  First one to pay gets the part.  I do paypal for anything shipped, cash only for local pickup.

I am open to offers on everything if you don't think the price posted is reasonable.  I put prices on everything mostly because it's the rules.  If you want to package up several items, I'd love to make a deal.  Everything is used, comments made where i think necessary, otherwise the pictures speak for themselves.

I will update the post and pictures right away as things are sold, so no need to ask if a certain item is still available.  If you want better pictures or description of anything just ask.  Anything you do not see in these pictures, I do not have.

These parts from a 1.5L:
German intake manifold $15
Exhaust manifold $15
Flywheel, pressure plate $20
Water jacket for side of head with sensors $5
Vac pump that spins freely, but does not pull good vacuum- needs a kit $10
Alternator pulley and spacer- came off a non-AC car $5

1.5L bottom end.  Has VW canada factory rebuild sticker on it.  bores look clean, rotates freely.  Pistons do not have any marks from valve contact.  I have NOT seen this engine run.  I will disassemble and sell pistons, rods, crank, etc if someone needs individual parts.  $50 picked up ONLY if you want the whole short block.

Water pump housing with pulley, hoses, plastic shield $20
snorkel for air filter housing $5
couple shields between motor and transmission - need cleaning up $5 each
Bracket- cant remember if it's power steering or alternator $5

Timing belt shield- needs refinishing but not rusted through or bent up=$15
Various brackets that I have no idea anymore what they were for $5 each- tell me which you need
Alternator bracket and alternator core $5- dont believe this alternator works, does not have W terminal.  could be from a gasser, cant remember anymore

a box with a injection pump housing and a bunch of injection pump used spare parts $5

2 diesel starter cores.  Both did work, but age and condition unknown- $10 each
2 intermediate shafts $10 each
Used oil pump $5
Oil filter housing $5
pressure plate- dont know why you would want a used one... but it's in the picture.

2 1.6L crankshafts.  both appear to be in good condition $20 each
1 set of 1.6L stock size pistons with rods.  do not have valve marks, one piston in this set does appear to have been hit with some chunks of a broken valve.  $25 for the set
2 sets crankshaft journals $5/set

1.5L cylinder head.  valves were "lightly" bent.  they were removed along with the valve guides.  So this is now a bare head- no valves or guides. does have the "normal" small cracks between valves.  Cracks are not into the valve seats, and not large enough for a penny to fit in . Does have all 4 injectors that you should plan on testing and rebuilding.  Glow plugs not known condition, bus bar for the glow plugs, water inlet at front of head. Cam shaft with gear.  Valve cover.   $35  I will take parts off the head and sell them individually, let me know what you need.

Also pictured a 1.5L injection pump core with the gear.  This pump turns by hand, but is not known to work.  count on rebuilding it or using as a core $20

A "pimped" set of glow plugs as pictured $10

This is all Quantum stuff.
Injection pump bracket (does not have the motor mount on it- motor sits differently in quantum) $10
Rear motor mount from quantum diesel $10
Oil filter bracket from 1.6 turbo quantum $10
Again, I don't have anything beside what's pictured, I do not have any of the other turbo diesel stuff from the quantum.

Another used oil pump $5
A 1.5L injection pump/motor mount bracked from a rabbit.  Side by side, this one is heavier metal than the 1.6L bracket from the later car.  Plan on replacing the rubber motor mount $25
Some pulleys $5 each
Another flywheel and pressure plate $15

plastic cover that goes near water pump $5
exhaust manifold $15
intermediate shaft $10
1.6L oil filter housing $5
Injection pump core #1- the one that has the pulley on it.  This one did work on my car but was weeping fuel out the front seal.  Needs new front seal at a minimum.  No guarantee this is a good pump $30 as a core
Injection pump core #2- I know nothing about this pump, only that someone gave it to me.  It does turn by hand, does not have a pulley. $20 as a core
newer style vacuum pump.  turns by hand, not sure how it's supposed to work $15
Intake manifold $15

Oil pans $10 a piece
valve cover $10
Set of injector lines $20

1.6L bottom end - not turbo.  this motor was not making good compression.  bad head gasket, bores look clean, pistons have some very light valve marks, rotates freely, a good core to re-build $60 picked up only.

Water pump housing $10
pulleys $5 each
Fuel filter housing $15
NON-A/C alternator bracket set up from 1.5L $25
Plastic air filter housing with snorkel  $10

This 1.6L mechanical head.  I have $70 at the machine shop into it - Was checked for cracks and leaks. does have the "normal" small cracks between valves.  Cracks are not into the valve seats, and not large enough for a penny to fit in.  Comes with a set of injectors.  I did have this on a car that was running.  Head was not warped, just had machine shop surface it clean to make sure tight seal.  cam shaft has gear, and other side of cam is not cracked.  $125