Author Topic: Burnt Toast  (Read 13426 times)

Reply #60July 28, 2011, 11:58:59 pm

CRSMP5

Re: Burnt Toast
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2011, 11:58:59 pm »
http://www.covvc.org/

they have vw show on sat the 13th of aug... sent pm to theman... oppertunity fo rhim to see it in person.. :D sadly my 7k is postponed till spring.. so the west people get to wait till then..

Reply #61August 13, 2011, 10:09:53 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2011, 10:09:53 pm »
so theman53.. whats your opinion of my work??

Reply #62August 14, 2011, 01:18:04 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2011, 01:18:04 am »
Pretty darn good. I would feel safe having you work on anything for me. I really liked the tig welded injection line and cup holder. The possiblities are endless with that box.
I think you have done a great job and hope to see the oops truck someday as well. Good luck sealing that window.

Reply #63August 14, 2011, 11:20:18 am

CRSMP5

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2011, 11:20:18 am »
the guy who told me of show..never showed up.. wants me to goto tdi fest now... LOL.. first off they want 25-35/car depending on when you register.. then 15/extra passenger.. to "help fund the forum for another year" that right there pisses me off.. but the $100/night accomidations.. that really sux..

first off most a forum takes to operate a year is max 1k.. more like 200 for server/photos and with bandwidth.. to me its the big boys trying to fund there "personal" bills for another year at that cost..

the columbus show really pissed me off.. first off they did not wanna let me into the show.. feeling i did not have a vw.. built by grumman for vw to sell thru their stealerships.. just do not get it.. for as many people who photoed it.. for as many groups spent time fondling it.. so on... nothing.. like any vote for me was thrown away since it was not a "vw"....  hint will not go back.. the targa top truck got 1st by the way.. then 2 cabby for 2nd and 3rd.. how.. i know i had more molest mine.. you saw what was there.. id have been more thenhappy to loose to the vr6 caddy.. or the overspent yellow bunny.. but for the 3 that won.. something goofy..

i did enjoy meeting ya.. happy you liked it.. i was happy those who saw it and asked bout it got to enjoy it (most thought i conveted a rwd postal truck).. did meet a guy who owned 2 of them.. sold them and he now kicking self as he wished he had 1 back.. sold them right before fuel prices went up.. they were high floors.. i asked if new owners still had or wanted to sell for you.. no luck..

before the show i went to a camera shop for my friend.. like his fav thing to do.. the owner has seen pics of the toaster and oops.. well now he wants one for his 100mile a day rd trip to and from work.. :D

so my tally on kubvans stil in existance.. not on the diver websight.. they got 60.. ones not listed there..

mine..
oops..
weeds
polished..
local red one, still not called me in over a year due to lack of funds to make a 5 speed..
3 in cali.. 2 being kurbwatts
the ftd one, friend of guy with 4 posts..
the tdi one from last summer, that someone owns.. not made contact with them yet..
another one off whoretex.. guy has 4 posts.. but i got his #
2 guy sold in columbus..

so thats 13... and 2 more low floor ford temp powered ones i go see fri.. :D he wants one converted into diesel.. they were stock factory made tempo ones too.. 17mpg makes him mad..

thats 75 kubvans... known to still be around ones.. i do know of a field of 5-10 in pa.. not been there since 97.. with no vin #s.. and ben where i got mine from knows of 10 field ones too.. so almost 90 of them at worst case..

i think i need a winnin lotto ticket to get the fields of dreams and build them.. seems to be a large enough interest in such things... sadly those owners are anal.. dont wanna give them up :(  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:25:23 am by CRSMP5 »

Reply #64August 14, 2011, 11:33:55 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2011, 11:33:55 pm »
Yeah I though your cubvan and my buddy Troys rabbit and the VR6 caddy were the most well done. As far as not being bought and actually put together. Definately liked your ride. I probably won't go back either. They were friendly to watercools but definately show cased the air cooleds.