Author Topic: Burnt Toast  (Read 13539 times)

Reply #15May 29, 2011, 02:20:47 am

CRSMP5

Re: Burnt Toast
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 02:20:47 am »
well after a day of wiring... every thing works..

see step 1.. cut a piece of a ce2 harness up to build a 10 wire harness for...
water temp
oil temp
oil pressure
tach
alt light
starter
washer pump
fuel pump
fuel gauge
and something else.. too lazy to get piece of paper..

run fog light activator wire

fix headlight, parking light, turns, 3 main power leads into original harness..
then relay the headlghts/fogs.. hook up hid conversion for the h4s

fix ground on the x-relay.. aka blower/wipers
eliminate bad reostate on interior dash lights.. wired into parking..
had rebuilt tail lights.. had to hook them up along with new licence led lamp
change dome light toggle to light up one
install 2 led lights to shone down on dash

install cut off switch for the 2nd batt im adding for camping purposes.. will reside between door and pass seat

run 8 gauge wire for amp gauge to alt, to power hook up, and to cut off switch..

but i can say this.. with no engine in it every thing else powers up.. 

bumpers installed too

tried to take some photos.. but they crappy.. need to move it outside..

waiting on engine rebuild stuff now...

Reply #16May 29, 2011, 12:54:00 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 12:54:00 pm »
promised some photos.. webpage updated..

looks so much better..

Reply #17May 30, 2011, 09:05:21 pm

macka

• Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 09:05:21 pm »
doing the drop as you want it could also be attained by going with a very low profile tire. IMO a small drop would work better, as it is already a pretty cool looking ride and the ride will still be reasonable. I'd try making the van handle better, and have more creature comforts.
Quote from: Vincent Walden
I do know that I drive torque,  while listening to my friends prattle on about horsepower.

Reply #18May 30, 2011, 10:53:15 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 10:53:15 pm »
the 195/50 i put on it is as low profile as i want.. too many pot holes for less.. but your right.. stock tires that came on it are much bigger.. a good 1-2" drop on that alone.. at this point ive dropped it 4-5" and trust me.. it looks it.. im now taller.. :P

Reply #19June 02, 2011, 12:44:38 am

CRSMP5

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 12:44:38 am »
today was fun....

got my tdi-m rebuild stuff int he mail.. so stripped down the engine.. cleaned.. painted..

stopped by my insurance agent.. time to pay type of thing and add this to my policy... progressive SUX.. they feel i should have commercial insurance on this..

so i told my agent if i am getting a 2nd policy.. i want collectors with stated value of $10k.. since i have 6k tied in it with parts and ***.. i feel my time is worth 4k.. supposed to call me back tomarrow..

hope to have the bottom end built this week, (waiting on my rings).. do the valve job next week.. gotta use my fathers facility to do that.. so his timming said next week.. but once bottom end together i can build the engine mounts.. want to do mk3 style vs mk1 so when i add ac to it it does not vibrate the box to death..

Reply #20June 02, 2011, 08:50:03 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 08:50:03 am »
sounds like a great project. And man are you working fast on it. Can't wait to see it done. It would be cool if you painted it up to look like the mystery machine or put a wizard like merlin on the sides :D

Reply #21June 02, 2011, 02:13:09 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 02:13:09 pm »
fyi.. every time i put pic on post.. there is a slew of pics on the webpages.. cause i put up such big photos..

perty.. textured with copper flakes..

got insurance.. collector car.. 135/year.. 10k stated value... unlimited miles.. screw progressive..

just waiting on rings now.. backorder sux..

no ill add all kinds of vinyl stickers to it this year... still searching for a brass pole for it though... then i need need to find some midget strippers...

Reply #22June 06, 2011, 05:33:08 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 05:33:08 pm »
well since i am still waiting on rings.. backorder situation.. i went into doing other things that skipped my brain..

horn.. now has one and works..
washer bottle.. now has one and works..
rear spotlight.. stock back up lights are a joke.. relayed and all.. all i need to do is wire in the switch on tranny to complete the ground..
circuit to kill lights/radio when key is pulled..

radio??? ohhh yea added one of them with sub (1st one ever) amp and speakers... sounds pretty freeken good.. location of sub box makes seats bump nice too..

ill give 1 more week on rings.. then ill be forced to put it together with idea ill do rings this winter.. need to get it rollin for mk1 madness and really want 2-3 weeks for local before road trip..

Reply #23June 10, 2011, 12:37:39 am

CRSMP5

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 12:37:39 am »
well lets see... what has i been up too..

got 3 pistons installed.. 4th one is a major issue.. got 4 sets of rings.. only 3 are for tdi.. so lets just say waiting on the proper set to show up.. someone goofed and sent me some type 2 ones.. there is a 6 in the part number that ws supposed to be a 3..

installed 2 more power lighters.. 1 is never enough.. 3 should do..

installed a oscillating fan on the dash... just incase i stumble across a parking lot (traffic jam) and need to feel a breeze..

installed batt #2.. yes duel batts.. set up so both can be charged.. but power to 2nd one killed for when camping and dont wanna kill the main batt..

the 2nd one is beside the pass seat.. so easy access for a power converter and such.. :D

installed the clutch master bottle... gotta love mitsu.. hardest part to find.. will take a turkey baster to fill i tup.. but so be it.. now just need to attach the lines..

governer mod on rover pump done.. :D some pics... built a glove box too..

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 04:22:08 pm by CRSMP5 »

Reply #24June 13, 2011, 10:03:25 am

CRSMP5

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 10:03:25 am »
well i am planning out my 2-3 week vacation.. knowing places i wanna go and see... so i sat down and spent some time on mapquest..

when... looks like Aug 17th thru sept 7th so 9 weeks 3 days..

places i must visit...

yellowstone..

wchlvr, crunchy and a few other f3 monday night players.. need to arrange a gtg with the group..

seattle

san frasico.. need pic of toaster meeting golden gate

need pic of toaster at beverly hills sign...

la.. need pic of hollywood sign..

grancanyon

strokers in dallas tx

my passenger is looking for some filler want to see places along the way..

but in rough form.. looks like 7000+ miles.. 21 days.. leving on a wed.. commin back on wed.. so all 3 weekends can be somewhere fun..

now i am leving from 44505.. trying to avoid all toll roads..

plan to camp most of the trip in the toaster.. but members are allowed to offer up some accomedations for a ride in it.. 

also looking for suggestions on crap i should visit..

one place i want to check out.. but cannot rember for the life of me is the "forest of street signs" aka bunches of stolen street signs in a field somewhere.. anyone got a clue where that is? saw it on some tv show but not a clue which one..

also a place for cheap bio fuel in the PNW  would be swell.. planning to carry 100 gal (have 90 gal of oil i need to convert in the next couple of weeks) of fuel (building 90 gal tank in it) on my jorney.. but a place to top off with say 50 gal or so would be nice..

Reply #25June 16, 2011, 01:03:09 am

CRSMP5

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 01:03:09 am »
the fun has began....

tomarrow will be most interesting... adding in mk3 style mounts to this... if you look at the back tranny mount you will see its sitting on wood.. :D

sat my pump pully should be in my hands.. custom jobby... made up like a adjustable cam gear for a gasser.. the rover pump is like a mk4 where it does not move.. and finding mk4 pully is diffucult so decided on a easy way to get adjustment :D

Reply #26June 18, 2011, 01:28:34 am

CRSMP5

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 01:28:34 am »
well my fathers day wish got squished... no rad today ;(

but if things keep rolling along should be able to fire it up sunday.. wanted to drive it though :(

need to mount up the shifter inside... run some 6mm brake line from my clutch master to the clutch slave line.. yep its perfect adapter/coupler and fitting.. :D i expected that... just till this moment was unconfirmed..

got the mk3 style mounts fitted up and installed..

added a lower in teh way bar.. motor mounts will also mount to it for a little extra..

made up my 2.5" stainless down pipe with v band for the flex.. still seeking place to buy some bulk stainless pipe.. just not found it yet local.. i can buy online i know.. but they sell 4' lengths and i really need some 5 foot ones..

tomarrow finish up installing the rover pump..

need to make a trip to summit racing sunday for some odds/ends.. boost controller and such..

Reply #27June 18, 2011, 06:16:45 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 06:16:45 pm »

RECAROS IN A TOASTER!!!!!

this thing is FRIGGEN SWEET!!
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #28June 19, 2011, 02:29:08 am

CRSMP5

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2011, 02:29:08 am »
ohhh yea... you missed this pic on my webpages?

from 5-29... got a momo too... hid's... tdi-m... phone dials... 11" g60 front brakes... all kinds of goodness..

Reply #29June 19, 2011, 10:22:21 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2011, 10:22:21 am »
How are you going to do the timing belt? It looks hairy in there. I love this and would definately have one if I saw one around.

S-PAutomotive.com