Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Case 207 in a Back HOE  (Read 8440 times)

Reply #15March 19, 2011, 05:16:20 am

maxfax

• Veteran

Re: Case 207 in a Back HOE
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 05:16:20 am »
New starter, cables, and a battery again (I stole the old new one for the Olds)..  Cranks great, starts like crap..  Fought till it started and used it some more..  About 3 hours in it died..  Crank crank crank and it did finally start again, then died right away..  Wash Rinse Repeat, finally caved and towed it back to the garage..  Left it sit a few hours, after another fight it started and ran..   ???  I'm wondering if it could be a problem with the pump return..   Seems to flow, but is it??  My pump guy, and they guy at Case IH are baffled now too..  I may just drag someone the whole damned machine and let them kick it a while...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:17:53 am by maxfax »

Reply #16November 14, 2011, 01:29:46 pm

maxfax

• Veteran

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 01:29:46 pm »
Update..  Been a while but I had some new developments today..   Had a Case forklift brought in that needed the shuttle rebuilt, and it has the same engine as my backhoe..   8)  I uhh borrowed the IP from the forklift and slapped on my machine, BAM it fired up and ran beautifully..  Worked flawlessly for all of about 8 hours yesterday..  Gotta be my pump I just had rebuilt right??   So I slapped my pump on the forklift, it runs perfectly too...  ???  So I swapped the pumps back to their original machines..  And, I'm back to square one...

Reply #17November 16, 2011, 01:38:40 am

Toby

• Veteran

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 01:38:40 am »
I think you may have a leak on the suction side of the pump that you cured when you switched pumps. I'd use it and see if the problem is fixed.

I just bought a JD 600D backhoe for a song that was supposed to be a runner with a bad starter. It had been sitting for 5 years I was told. No Go after curing the starter/slow crank issues, fresh fuel, block heat, etc. Now I find out that its been sitting for 7 or 8 years and the PO only had it running once and not well at that. It does have a fresh head and rebuilt IP so I am going to  get it dragged home and jerk the head and pan and do a "rings in the driveway" job to it since I now believe that it had the head done after the HG blew, The bad part is that w/o the engine running no steering or brakes so it will be fun to load and unload.

Reply #18November 16, 2011, 08:52:52 pm

maxfax

• Veteran

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 08:52:52 pm »
Tell me about moving the damned things...  This one at least still has brakes, but no steering..  Forgot to prop the bucket and chain the masts the one time it quit..  And of course they leaked down overnight...  >:(

Air leak is what I keep coming back to..  What kills me is that both machines ran fine when I swapped their pumps, and when I swapped the pumps back to their original respective engines mine stopped working again..

The fuel inlet is one of those compression like fittings with the rubber washer Like IH used..  I replaced that washer on mine, but reused it on the forklift..  I've noticed that the line on my machine is a pain to get started when connecting it to my pump, but on the other pump it started easily..  And likewise the line on the forklift started rather easily on my pump..  I got a pair of hose nipples and some rubber fuel line to eliminate the steel line and the special fittings..  IF the rain ever quits I'm gonna see what happens..

S-PAutomotive.com