Author Topic: Tips/Tricks for priming Older A2 style filter (non heated)  (Read 3267 times)

Reply #15January 30, 2011, 12:20:34 am

belchfire

• Junior

Re: Tips/Tricks for priming Older A2 style filter (non heated)
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 12:20:34 am »
I got mine from NAPA. I think it was around $35.  It was for a non-FI gas engine car. Nothing special as we don't need huge GPM's of fuel. It is a solenoid electronic type. The high volume Holley or Carter vane types can get quite expensive. I tapped into the IP shutoff solenoid wire with no problems. Seems to be able to take the heat too. 150* veg oil for those using that.
The Owl of Minerva flies at dusk
'81 rabbit pick up  1.6 turbo diesel  SVO

Reply #16January 30, 2011, 04:46:43 am

Rabbit TD

• Veteran

Re: Tips/Tricks for priming Older A2 style filter (non heated)
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 04:46:43 am »
I got mine from NAPA. I think it was around $35.  It was for a non-FI gas engine car. Nothing special as we don't need huge GPM's of fuel. It is a solenoid electronic type. The high volume Holley or Carter vane types can get quite expensive. I tapped into the IP shutoff solenoid wire with no problems. Seems to be able to take the heat too. 150* veg oil for those using that.

I think I got the Mr. Gasket diesel rated one I have in the Rabbit was only around $45 3 years ago.  I mounted it in the back right after the tank and when I turned it on I figured it would run till it built up pressure and then shut off and just tick now and then but they just slow down some on the diesels, I forgot about the return line with the little restrictor in the fitting on the pump which just lets he fuel circulate after everything is full.  I ran it on a toggle switch running constant for 3 months and  it never hurt it but now I just run it for a few seconds before I start and it makes all the difference in the world.  Big help for you guys up where it's real cold and have to crank a while to crank to get  started if the pump leaks down a little.

S-PAutomotive.com