Author Topic: i suffered a loss last night..  (Read 5911 times)

Reply #15December 11, 2010, 09:22:39 pm

8v-of-fury

Re: i suffered a loss last night..
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 09:22:39 pm »
wheres the pics hooomie

Reply #16December 15, 2010, 12:37:26 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 12:37:26 pm »
these shots were taken after quite a bit of straightening.. everything was ALOT worse.. the front tire is ALMOST back to where its supposed to be, but still way off.

and the front was also straightened out alot to get the radiator to almost fit back to where it goes.. believe it or not, the radiator is still fine even. poked a stick thru it, but it went between the tubes!

hooked onto a telephone pole with a 20ft chain, and hooked the other end to the a-arm. and backed down the hill as fast as i could get my car going in reverse in 20 feet..

pretty sure my car is nothing more than Jetta parts now.. kinda sad, because ive done so much work to it in the last 3-4 months. not like it was even expensive work, just the fact that i spent all that time doing it. then wrecked my S#!t..

that being said, i did take the car out for a drive yesterday. its sad knowing thats the last drive the car will most likely ever make.. so i had to drive it one last time.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:48:42 pm by R.O.R-2.0 »
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #17December 15, 2010, 10:09:22 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 10:09:22 pm »
Not to be too arrogant, but did you see the crap I had to deal with on my Jetta? It won't be fun or easy but ANYTHING is rebuildable. Probably easier to get a new shell, but that 'could' be fixed.

I would send you my core support and headlights for your rebuild for shipping only...as soon as the *(#$& finally get a round support to me.

Reply #18December 16, 2010, 01:05:30 am

Powered by Spearco

• Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 01:05:30 am »
Did your head hit the window?  :P
'87 Syncro Transporter Single Cab "Now TDI"
'78 Rabbit..Gas Weekend Racer
'81 Caddy..Diesel 1.6/1.9 TD hybrid 275HP 349TQ "Retired"
'90 MultiVan, 2.5 Suby Swap, Porsche Brakes
'76 Scirocco TD dragster project
'13 Golf R:. Tuned
'98 Puch G320

Reply #19December 16, 2010, 01:46:57 am

8v-of-fury

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 01:46:57 am »
I weep(sp?) for you k3vo.

Good luck on the JETTA build! :) One life has to be taken for another to begin right? Circle of Life *Cue Lion King Theme*

Reply #20December 16, 2010, 10:03:03 am

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 10:03:03 am »
Did your head hit the window?  :P

yes.. well, i think it did.. i know my fist did a few times. but the main spider web was definitely some fore-head-to-windshield contact.. idk what else would have hit the window. bent my MOMO too.. so im sure it was from my face.

broke a Recaro, my W7 (heavy duty, hot rod sub-woofer) about took out the back seats. surprised it didnt come thru them.

at this point, ive basically given up. the car is kinda beyond help for all intents and purposes now. it needs a whole new shell. theres no point fixing a rusty, beat up shell.. im pretty sure most of my gti is going to be part of my jetta.. i know the brakes/suspension is going in the 92 for sure. along with the inner CV joints, the outer tie rod end, and some other little things.

anyone know where to get a nice driver side grey recaro?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:15:58 am by R.O.R-2.0 »

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #21December 16, 2010, 10:10:24 am

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 10:10:24 am »
Not to be too arrogant, but did you see the crap I had to deal with on my Jetta? It won't be fun or easy but ANYTHING is rebuildable. Probably easier to get a new shell, but that 'could' be fixed.

I would send you my core support and headlights for your rebuild for shipping only...as soon as the *(#$& finally get a round support to me.

well, like i said, the car as it sits now, is about 10x better than when it came out of the ditch. i can ALMOST drive it again. but you can look at the pass side of the frame and see its quite a bit higher than the other side. the wheel was rubbing the fender.. the axle was rubbing on the body. you couldnt go straight down the road if you wanted to. bent the sub frame, broke the steering (FKN RARE MANUAL RACK!!! my favorite part) taco'd the a-arm, and idk what else i did. i have not been under the car to even see whats messed up.

how far back is the frame horn hollow for? im thinking of a chunk of railroad iron in the frame tube as far back as it will go.

think its possible to tie the back of the car down and set something under the car for a fulcrum? and then apply some force to the railroad iron? think it would pull the body half ways back to where it was before?

Reply #22December 16, 2010, 01:26:35 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 01:26:35 pm »
this is the object of my attention right now.. and it looks ALOT better with the Enkei 92's on it.

im debating as to wether i wanna fix up the mk1, or if i really want to take the engine out and make my Jetta run again.. (92 jetta w/ 84k orig mi.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 02:27:36 am by R.O.R-2.0 »

Reply #23December 16, 2010, 02:54:02 pm

maxfax

• Veteran

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 02:54:02 pm »
think its possible to tie the back of the car down and set something under the car for a fulcrum? and then apply some force to the railroad iron? think it would pull the body half ways back to where it was before?

I've watched them fix frames at the body shop..  That's basically the same thing they do, but with a fancy machine..  My worry would be about things being weakened from the bending..

Reply #24January 20, 2011, 10:21:46 am

lovinthedeez

• Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 10:21:46 am »

i was gonna drop the 1.6 out of my rabbit into my mk2 Jetta. i just cant stand mk1 cars anymore. otherwise i would just pimp out the rabbit.. but im over the mk1

I loved that setup.  dropped one into a pirelli jetta.....still see that sucker driving around.  guy gave me a sob story and I let him have it for 600 bucks.   ;D

http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?topic=19324.0

Reply #25January 20, 2011, 11:24:01 am

coke

• Veteran

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 11:24:01 am »
Make sure that when you drive that sweet looking bunny, that the alcohol isn't involved. ;)

Reply #26January 20, 2011, 03:49:54 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 03:49:54 pm »
i learned my lesson..

cant say that i will never drink and drive again, but i CAN SAY that i will never drive that drunk, ever again!

that was for sure the drunkest ive ever been in my entire life. hands down drunker then caribou lou nights.

was a very stupid mistake, atleast the car was the only thing to die..

but, now im trying to buy an 86 golf, dark metallic grey, 4dr, NO SUN ROOF! (score) cloth interior, no options i dont think.

im gonna just put the GTI engine in there, and the suspension if its not bent. that engine RAN GREAT for having almost 350k miles on it.

Fixmyvw.com