Author Topic: RadoTD's EGT and boost gauges  (Read 3323 times)

July 17, 2010, 05:18:34 am

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
RadoTD's EGT and boost gauges
« on: July 17, 2010, 05:18:34 am »
No intercooler yet but when it's there it will make things *ahem* interesting.  ;D
Matt's Rado TD ;)
It was odd when that old classic just sat at the green light in front of us. Sort of ruined the vibe of the clip. oh well.

Ed
Blacked out mk2 AAZ Jetta RIP. You are missed.
White 1999.5 ALH Golf 2dr. Low & wide. Rammed off the road RIP.
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #1July 17, 2010, 10:36:03 am

RadoTD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Stage WTF
Re: RadoTD's EGT and boost gauges
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 10:36:03 am »
Hahaha... those are the Auber Instruments boost and EGT gauges. I should've hit the gas a little harder to trigger the alarm; you can set alarms to come on at any value and a nice bright blue LED comes on and a relay is triggered as well. I'm planning to use the EGT to trigger water meth and don't know what I'll use boost for. They also record your peak values

enough boost is when you have 3 dimple marks in the hood from the valve cover nuts..  ;D

Reply #2July 17, 2010, 01:57:54 pm

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:57:54 pm »
best gauges ever. i thought i'd hate a digital read out but its great.
Ed
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #3July 17, 2010, 04:11:12 pm

truckinwagen

• Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 04:11:12 pm »
^^^^^^
Hey meow, that was my idea... ;D

I plan on running boost, EGT and tach, and have the meth triggered by a combination of the three.

and these gauges have two alarms, one that sets off the visual alarm and triggers a relay, and another that just triggers the relay, and you can set them each to different values.

good prices, clear readout, versatility and an alarm feature makes these gauges a real winner.
glad I stumbled on them.

-Owen
83 Opel Kadett Diesel

Reply #4July 17, 2010, 09:26:06 pm

RadoTD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Stage WTF
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 09:26:06 pm »
and these gauges have two alarms, one that sets off the visual alarm and triggers a relay, and another that just triggers the relay, and you can set them each to different values.

Hmmm... I never noticed that, is it the same relay that it triggers or can you run 2 different things off of one relay?

And I was thinking about doing that auto cool down thing too! I'm just not big on the idea of having my car running without me near it... can't totally trust it yet to keep itself together! :D

enough boost is when you have 3 dimple marks in the hood from the valve cover nuts..  ;D

Reply #5July 17, 2010, 10:19:48 pm

truckinwagen

• Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 10:19:48 pm »
they have two outputs for relays, one for alarm one(with the warning light) and one for alarm two.

the instructions should tell you how to set them, and which lug on the back is for which alarm.
83 Opel Kadett Diesel

Reply #6July 18, 2010, 01:50:00 am

745 turbogreasel

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 01:50:00 am »

It was odd when that old classic just sat at the green light in front of us. Sort of ruined the vibe of the clip. oh well.
He probably heard the noise, and was trying to figure out what fell off. ;D

Reply #7May 02, 2011, 06:06:55 pm

G60ING

• Junior

• Personal Text
    Corrado TDI
    • My VW Projects
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:06:55 pm »
I found the auber gauges a couple weeks ago and was planning to buy one to see how well they fit in the same spot. My guesstimations put them at being an almost perfect fit and now that I have found a corrado with them installed I have just a couple questions:

Did you have to enlarge the switch holes at all? Do you think it would be best to put these in the middle switch holes because it looks like there is a slightly larger gap at the top. even still thank you for confirming that these fit so well.

If there a reason why you didn't get the green lights?

Any advice to somebody that will be pulling the trigger on these fairly soon?

Reply #8May 02, 2011, 06:25:13 pm

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 06:25:13 pm »
If Matt doesn't reply, iirc they fit quite well. You could always make a bondo boarder for them. And, green lights? It was day time during the video = no lights.
Ed

S-PAutomotive.com