Engine Specific Info and Questions > IDI Engine

Klaus, the 84 Jetta TD, gets a rebuild

<< < (2/26) > >>

JessaBug:
Thanks for the compliments guys :)

I have certainly been hands on with this car since the day we got it. Not afraid of a little diesel grime. I'm using this build as a learning experience. To be honest, I don't know too much about how engines and all work so I'm taking this as an opportunity to really see it all first hand. I've learned a lot already with this car, and I'm anxious to learn more. And yes, Baron is correct. I do oil changes on my New Beetle myself. Also have rotated the tires myself (with some help from Bill, only because they are a bit heavy for me to lift on my own!). We don't get too much more involved with my car, simply because its my DD, and well, it sucks to work on.

I love being in the minority of women in the world who actually know something more about their car then just how to put gas in it. I've had roommates who didn't even know where their coolant bottle was and how to check the level!

Oh and Rabbit, thats actually not my bug in the back, thankfully! It just happened to be at the shop at the time (the one in the background is a TDI that threw the timing belt. ick. Mine is a blue 2.0 5-speed [yes, not only can I work on cars, but I also can drive a manual :p]).

Rabbit on Roids:

--- Quote from: JessaBug on August 02, 2010, 02:15:31 pm ---Thanks for the compliments guys :)

I have certainly been hands on with this car since the day we got it. Not afraid of a little diesel grime. I'm using this build as a learning experience. To be honest, I don't know too much about how engines and all work so I'm taking this as an opportunity to really see it all first hand. I've learned a lot already with this car, and I'm anxious to learn more. And yes, Baron is correct. I do oil changes on my New Beetle myself. Also have rotated the tires myself (with some help from Bill, only because they are a bit heavy for me to lift on my own!). We don't get too much more involved with my car, simply because its my DD, and well, it sucks to work on.

I love being in the minority of women in the world who actually know something more about their car then just how to put gas in it. I've had roommates who didn't even know where their coolant bottle was and how to check the level!

Oh and Rabbit, thats actually not my bug in the back, thankfully! It just happened to be at the shop at the time (the one in the background is a TDI that threw the timing belt. ick. Mine is a blue 2.0 5-speed [yes, not only can I work on cars, but I also can drive a manual :p ].

--- End quote ---

pretty sure your my new favorite user on here. you rock girl..

smutts:
Is there any connection with the infamous Klaus Forklift Safety video?  ;D ;D ;D

Forklift Driver Klaus English Subtitles

You can practise your German. ;D

wolfsburged:
No, not really a connection, although I have seen the video. Sometimes I get to be Staplerfahrer Bill at work though...

Anyway small update. The pump has been sent off to the frozen North to Giles for a performance rebuild!

Also looking at EGT solutions. This has my attention for the moment:
http://www.dieselmanor.com/isspro/r3607tr_ev_pyro.asp
R3607TR-PL Pyrometer Kit

Baron VonZeppelin:

--- Quote from: wolfsburged on August 03, 2010, 03:46:58 pm ---The pump has been sent off to the frozen North to Giles for a performance rebuild!

--- End quote ---

Request a souvenier Performance Diesel ink pen, they make great glovebox good luck charms and convo pieces. And pretty handsome stylish pen too.
I could tell right away my writing was smoother and faster.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version