Author Topic: Rebuilt Pump, RUNS AWAY!  (Read 6369 times)

Reply #30August 15, 2010, 09:03:34 am

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
Re: Rebuilt Pump, RUNS AWAY!
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 09:03:34 am »
You tell me if the collar is on the right way, the side with the little tiny hole is facing the sprocket end of the pump.

I forget. It's something that I know how to do when I am doing it but I can never remember what way is correct... For some reason I am leaning towards it being backwards but I'd just be guessing.

Loose screws would not cause this problem. The only ones that might are the ones for the transfer pump but I don't think you got that far into the pump, plus you said the pump is sucking fuel just fine.
Tyler

Reply #31August 22, 2010, 03:16:32 am

kingler5

• User+

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 03:16:32 am »
Just got thru with futile tinkering once again.

Bled the thing out to have completely clear fuel lines (no bubbles). Still getting no fuel to my injectors. Tried cold start advance, plus pushing on the throttle still nothing. I opened up the timing check hole screw (for the dial indicator) and fuel was pouring out of there when I was cranking it.

Ran straight jumper to solenoid to rule it out.

I didn't think it was possible for absolutely no fuel to come out at all?! I thought the control collar would always be allowing some fuel to come through. The max fuel screw is screwed all the way in with the factory collar still on. It ran perfect like this before I tore into it.

I know there is just one small error somewhere. I have yet to find what it is. I hate to spend big bucks to send off this pump from Japan just to get some small thing fixed that I did.

HELP

Reply #32August 27, 2010, 01:23:43 pm

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 01:23:43 pm »
For what it's worth there's VERY similar pumps on some Mitsubishi vehicles (not sure which ones though) - Bosch licensed their pump design to some of the Japanese manufacturers, so you actually should be able to find a diesel shop there that will understand the pump.
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

Reply #33August 27, 2010, 08:51:25 pm

arnold

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 08:51:25 pm »
It ran before you fixed the 'runaway' so something must have gone wrong when you placed the control arm/ball back in the collar.

If there's NO feul coming out the delivery valves i'm afraid best thing to do is pull the pump again and take a good look if something is out of place or missing,here on this site are exellent images of all the internals and where they should be