Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: help me select a proven turbo setup for my build  (Read 1585 times)

June 28, 2010, 10:20:27 pm

brandonfast

• User+

help me select a proven turbo setup for my build
« on: June 28, 2010, 10:20:27 pm »
Hey I have been collecting parts and am getting ready to put this thing together. Its a 1.6td bottom end rebuilt with arp hardware. 1.9td head. i have a new giles pump, built for 35+psi boost, fmic, and a plethora of intake and exhaust manifolds. i was originally going to use a gt2056v off a jeep liberty but the more i read on the tdi forums i dont think my frankenmotor would really push that turbo, on top of having to mess around with making and tuning a linkage setup for the vnt rod. so im back to thinking make it easy and fun and run a wastegated turbo. any suggestions for a 30-35psi daily turbo. preferably readily available in the usa. the less laggy the better ofcourse. thanks in advance. Brandon

tdi rabbit here i come!

Reply #1June 30, 2010, 10:52:46 pm

brandonfast

• User+

Re: help me select a proven turbo setup for my build
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:52:46 pm »
isnt that a gas turbo?
tdi rabbit here i come!

Reply #2July 01, 2010, 10:51:22 pm

brandonfast

• User+

Re: help me select a proven turbo setup for my build
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 10:51:22 pm »
ok after hours of reading builds and ideas im once again into the idea of a compound build. but im more intrested in a super charger/turbo build. hows a clutched super charger with a large turbo sound. freewheel the sc before it gets to being a heat pump and let the larger turbo take over? any ideas or input? where aki76 at? does he have a build thread?
tdi rabbit here i come!

Fixmyvw.com