Author Topic: Smoked a Mercedes..  (Read 4391 times)

June 22, 2010, 11:30:38 am

Rabbit on Roids

Smoked a Mercedes..
« on: June 22, 2010, 11:30:38 am »
so, last night a stinkin merc pulled out in front of me, and it was not a local, thats for sure. cause it was burnin bio-diesel. and the closest place to get bio-diesel is near portland. well, i got tired of following him, i caught a smell of the bio the second he pulled onto the road, and i hate it. diesel smells so much better. anyway, i had just put some nitrous oxide on the car, and i really wanted to use it, so i reached back, cracked open the bottle, down shifted to third gear, then hit the switch. took off like a rocket. the people in the merc looked out the window at me with some pretty stupid looks on their faces. kinda one of those "WTF was that" kinda face.. lol.

showed that turbo merc what my n/a rabbit was made of..

kinda confused as to why nobody else is running nitrous on their n/a? all i had to do was play with the inj pump a little, then add spray. instant horsepower. it puts me back in my seat when i kick it on. definite power increase.. nothing like a K24 or a VNT, but for the effort required to install it, definitely worth the time. i would have done this a LOOOOONG time ago had i known it was this easy.

Reply #1June 22, 2010, 12:07:18 pm

clbanman

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Cambridge, Ontario
Re: Smoked a Mercedes..
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 12:07:18 pm »
Can you provide some more info on your setup?   Which nitrous kit are you using, where are you injecting it into the system?   Sounds like fun.
Calvin
91 VW Golf 1.6NA 5spd

Reply #2June 22, 2010, 01:12:43 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 01:12:43 pm »
nitrous works setup, for an efi car. its a wet shot, but im using it as dry. i have a .028 jet in the nozzle, and im injecting it right before the filter box.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:16:25 pm by Rabbit on Roids »

Reply #3June 22, 2010, 02:07:00 pm

745 turbogreasel

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 02:07:00 pm »
you sure they weren't laughing form the gas?

Reply #4June 22, 2010, 04:30:30 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 04:30:30 pm »
there faces were more that of a shocked look, not a laughing look.

one of those "ZOMG.. did i just get passed by a geo?! wait, thats a diesel rabbit!"

and if any of you are looking at my pictures and thinking i have a wet shot on there.. i dont.

i just have the fuel line side of it zip tied to the inj pump feed line. its just there for looks, and i think it looks better than an open fitting just sitting there.

Reply #5June 28, 2010, 12:15:28 pm

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 12:15:28 pm »
Nitrous is definitely going to be an addition to my aaz once its running.
Ed
Blacked out mk2 AAZ Jetta RIP. You are missed.
White 1999.5 ALH Golf 2dr. Low & wide. Rammed off the road RIP.
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #6June 28, 2010, 01:44:35 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 01:44:35 pm »
eddy, dont even bother with the nitrous. i had it on there because i had a half full setup laying around. i would not do it again, the gains are not nearly big enough. and the nitrous doesnt last for sh!t.. i used it barely long enough to have any fun, and it used over a half bottle. then i got pad and threw my VNT on there. night and day difference.. the VNT would blow the nitrous away.

NOT WORTH THE HASSLE, unless you already got a turbo, are still smoking on boost, and you only run it at the track. i would go thru a 10 lb bottle in a day easy if i were having a little too much fun. and who can afford 50 bucks worth of nitrous every couple days? not me, i can barely afford the fuel for my car. and with a turbo, you never gotta refill the bottle.

Reply #7June 30, 2010, 03:35:52 pm

clbanman

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Cambridge, Ontario
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 03:35:52 pm »
From the Highway Traffic Act  >:( if you are in Ontario:

Nitrous oxide fuel systems prohibited

172.1  (1)  No person shall drive or permit to be driven on a highway a motor vehicle manufactured or modified after its manufacture such that nitrous oxide may be delivered into the fuel mixture unless,

(a) the part of the fuel system that may connect to a canister, bottle, tank or pressure vessel capable of containing nitrous oxide can be clearly seen by looking at the interior or exterior of the motor vehicle;

(b) there is no canister, bottle, tank or pressure vessel connected to that part; and

(c) if the part of the fuel system that may connect to a canister, bottle, tank or pressure vessel capable of containing nitrous oxide is located inside the passenger compartment, there is no canister, bottle, tank or pressure vessel capable of containing nitrous oxide in the passenger compartment. 2007, c. 13, s. 22.

Same

(2)  No person shall drive or permit to be driven on a highway a motor vehicle manufactured or modified after its manufacture such that nitrous oxide may be delivered into the fuel mixture unless,

(a) the part of the fuel system that may connect to a canister, bottle, tank or pressure vessel capable of containing nitrous oxide is completely disconnected from the part of the system that connects to the engine;

(b) the disconnection can be clearly seen by looking at the interior or exterior of the motor vehicle; and

(c) the disconnected parts cannot be reconnected from inside the passenger compartment. 2007, c. 13, s. 22.

Offence

(3)  Every person who contravenes subsection (1) or (2) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $500 and not more than $2,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both. 2007, c. 13, s. 22.

Calvin
91 VW Golf 1.6NA 5spd

Reply #8June 30, 2010, 09:43:56 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 09:43:56 pm »
how the law plays out in the us:

you can have nitrous on the road, you just cant use it.

Reply #9June 30, 2010, 10:24:04 pm

catlin_cava

• Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 10:24:04 pm »
Catlin

2012 VW Golf 2.5 5speed Deep Black Pearl
1999.5 VW Jetta TDI Bosch .216mm injectors and Malone stage 2, soon 11mm pump and vnt 22(parked for the winter)
2010 VW Golf City 2.0L "Hers"

Reply #10July 01, 2010, 01:04:50 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 01:04:50 pm »
ive seen that one. nitrous would probably be a whole lot better on a TD like that car.. my car was n/a, and the nitrous was cool, but for the amount of time you get out of one bottle, compared to the turbo,  is way worth it. i still havent had to refill my turbo, its still goin strong. hahaha

Reply #11July 01, 2010, 01:07:19 pm

catlin_cava

• Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 01:07:19 pm »
Make a video NOS and Turbo and see where that takes you lol
Catlin

2012 VW Golf 2.5 5speed Deep Black Pearl
1999.5 VW Jetta TDI Bosch .216mm injectors and Malone stage 2, soon 11mm pump and vnt 22(parked for the winter)
2010 VW Golf City 2.0L "Hers"

Reply #12July 01, 2010, 02:02:22 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 02:02:22 pm »
im out of spray, and im too broke to afford the $50+ to get a tank filled. and the setup never got re-installed when i went to turbo. i dont think the nitrous would help out much now tho, because the turbo does a pretty good job of burning all the fuel, and nitrous needs excess fuel to work properly. if theres no fuel to burn the nitrous, the nitrous just goes out the tail pipe without being burned into pure oxygen.

Reply #13July 04, 2010, 12:05:31 am

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 12:05:31 am »
That video is a TDI, not AAZ.

Since you have a VNT nitrous might not be that useful but with a regular turbo it's great off boost to get you going.
Tyler

Reply #14July 04, 2010, 03:17:14 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 03:17:14 pm »
even with my vanes fully open, it barely laggs at all. about as long as it takes my foot to hit the floor, it takes about that much longer and the turbo is caught up. this is the shortest set of boost hoses ive used. and also the biggest intake. i kinda wish i still had it up in the rain tray tho. it worked really good up there. heres the intakes and pipes i got now:

intake was made from a stock TD t3 intake boot, a chunk of a short ram ricer intake, and a chunk of stock toyota V6 4runner intake (the plastic elbow) and a clean Neuspeed filter. you can hear the engine thru the intake pretty good.

also had another wild idea yesterday:

i figured out a use for all those Turbo Diesel trunk badges off mercedes cars.. VW GRILLE BADGE! it was sitting up on my stereo, then i decided i was gonna put it on my license plate, but that wasnt gonna work and not hide something. so then i walked around the front of the car for some reason, and i decided to try test fitting it in the grille. and it fit so perfect it wasnt even funny. its only zip tied on right now, but i couldnt bring myself to hack up a perfectly good grille.

Also installed my tint strip. my buddy saw this at a garage sale years ago, new in the package. and he said he had to buy it for me. its pretty old school, seriously butt rockin 80's..

you would think tint strips are just a slap on thing, but if you want that stuff to look good, you gotta take some time. had to pull my windshield trim and everything. not like it was rocket science, but it was fairly time consuming.

little hard to see, but its up in the tinted section of the window.. WABBIT