Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Smoked a mustang!!!!  (Read 3189 times)

June 13, 2010, 02:53:39 am

rabbitman

• Veteran

Smoked a mustang!!!!
« on: June 13, 2010, 02:53:39 am »
A rainy day and my bro and a friend watching, I pull up to a stop sign and decide I should peel out so I rev it a bit and let the clutch out.......notice I mentioned rain. So it wildly/silently ::) spun the tires, after they grabbed I looked in the mirror to make sure there was a smoke cloud.......there was 8)......and then I was shocked to see a mustang navigating it's way through it!!!!!!

I didn't even know it was there, the guys watching were laughing their heads off 8)

'82 Rabbit, I put on a euro vnt-15, 2.25" DP, 2.5" exhaust, the result.....it whistled.

I removed the turbo, made a toilet bowl 2.5" DP, the result....it was deafening. Now it has a homemade muffler up front and a thrush in the rear, the result.....less loud.
Watch: AGENDA, GRINDING AMERICA DOWN

Reply #1June 13, 2010, 12:12:14 pm

Rabbit on Roids

Re: Smoked a mustang!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 12:12:14 pm »
my car likes burning out too, but its far from silent with a header and glass pack.. this is the first n/a that ive ever had the tires spin in second gear.

and has enough power to drop it into third gear and rail down to pass someone... you dont even need a quarter mile to get around people. it pulls to 70+ easy in third, right quick too.

Reply #2June 14, 2010, 02:04:14 pm

rabbitman

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 02:04:14 pm »
I meant the tires spinning where silent...wet road. The exhaust system is anything but silent.

I don't know why but lately it's been a gutless pig, I've burned rubber in first real good but now it'll just squeak.

Acceleration used to be good enough not to get ran over in traffic but now it's so bad I can hardly stand it, it smokes black perdy easy, like it used to hardly get any more power once it started smoking and now it'll smoke over nothing.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 02:08:02 pm by rabbitman »
'82 Rabbit, I put on a euro vnt-15, 2.25" DP, 2.5" exhaust, the result.....it whistled.

I removed the turbo, made a toilet bowl 2.5" DP, the result....it was deafening. Now it has a homemade muffler up front and a thrush in the rear, the result.....less loud.

Reply #3June 16, 2010, 01:18:19 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 01:18:19 pm »
lol, i smoked something yesterday. think it was some sort of new subaru. but i was going 55, and i noticed this rig was getting close aweful fast, and i had a feeling they were gonna get right up on my @ss, and sure enough they did, so i waited for a little hill/straight stretch, then i just poured the coals to them. they never got very close after that. mind you, i left a quarter mile long black cloud for them. haha.

ive never had a car smoke as much as this one.. my turbo would pour more smoke off boost, but it still cleaned up.. this car will smoke till you gotta shift. floor it in third and it really lays down the blackness.

and about your car burning rubber, or not really being able to for that matter.. have you checked the air filter lately? fuel filter? my diesel went a little better when i put the K&N out of my GTI in it.

Reply #4June 16, 2010, 03:28:21 pm

rabbitman

• Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 03:28:21 pm »
and about your car burning rubber, or not really being able to for that matter.. have you checked the air filter lately? fuel filter? my diesel went a little better when i put the K&N out of my GTI in it.

I have a TD intake on it now, I'm wanting to put the stock NA one back on until I get the vnt fixed. It'll probly get a new filter to.

I have a new fuel filter, just gotta put it on.

Reply #5June 28, 2010, 12:18:21 pm

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 12:18:21 pm »
porting adds so much wheel spinning torque by the way :P
Ed
Blacked out mk2 AAZ Jetta RIP. You are missed.
White 1999.5 ALH Golf 2dr. Low & wide. Rammed off the road RIP.
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #6June 28, 2010, 12:44:43 pm

rabbitman

• Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 12:44:43 pm »
I put the NA intake back on with new air/fuel filters, can't tell a difference.

Yeah it's not ported.

Reply #7June 28, 2010, 01:47:03 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 01:47:03 pm »
i could tell a difference from the stock diesel n/a intake, and a gasser n/a intake. it ha dmore low end power. and i doubt that is just because the intake runners have been smoothed out. not even ported, just smoothed.

Reply #8June 29, 2010, 12:17:47 am

rabbitman

• Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 12:17:47 am »
i could tell a difference from the stock diesel n/a intake, and a gasser n/a intake. it ha dmore low end power. and i doubt that is just because the intake runners have been smoothed out. not even ported, just smoothed.

Which intake made more power?

Reply #9June 29, 2010, 01:42:27 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 01:42:27 pm »
neither made more power, but i could feel the engine start pulling sooner with the gasser intake. longer runners are better for low rpm power.