S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Need help, my rabbit is dying  (Read 10536 times)

Reply #60February 23, 2010, 02:05:43 pm

GEE-BEE

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    1981 with South African front end ,42 k original
Re: Need help, my rabbit is dying
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2010, 02:05:43 pm »
I have some 7mm fuel line coming

Fuel supply to filter & pump to return line

Tell me how much you need ?

GB
1.9 AAZ, CHD 5spd with Peloquin
KO4/KO3 Hybrid turbo
Giles Pump OHC
Complete Techtonics 2'5 S/S DP and Exhaust
Coilovers, MKII Pedal Swap,G60 BRAKES
MK1 JETTA DASH
675MM 16V radiator (MKII) PASSAT DUAL FAN
42K original miles , South African Front End
15x6 Le Casletts 195-45-15

Reply #61February 23, 2010, 04:25:59 pm

745 turbogreasel

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2010, 04:25:59 pm »

I especially hate the lazy citizens, who unlike members of the military, can actually do something about the government, but don't.  People should not fear the government, it should be the other way around. 

Haha, Frome here, it looks like you have it backwards, every time we 'lazy hippies' try to get heard,the SWAT team show up with dogs and pepper spray, telling us 'GTFO, go sit in a free speech zone, we don't have to listen to you.'  Since we are (compared to the riot squad) disarmed, they really don't.  Even worse, we pay an Army to protect us from this crap!

http://stores.ebay.com/pbtxxxs-wholesale   I've got excellent filters from these guys for a good price, you might ask about the LFS500, as the 1000 is a bit of a chunk, and hard to fit on a bunny.  They aren't listing as much stuff as they used to, probably due to Ebays off kilter fee structure, but they do have pretty much everything in the Racor catalog.  On the political tip, I really hope their CEO Meg Whitman does not make governor, what do you think?  I'm afraid of a tax to use my front door, with an extra fee if it is more than 5' tall, and another if it is used on weekends!

In you yellow pages, have a look for hydraulics, the should be some sort of ag-industrial hydraulic dealer that will have every kind of hose and fitting you can imagine, and then some.

On the shims the cheapest path is to, rearrange the ones you have for best fit, then  measure up the remaining ones, and order to fit.

Why rebuild the pump if it is running well? Get it started, and check internal pressure.  Why pay $900 to have $25 of non leaking seals replaced.

Reply #62February 23, 2010, 04:28:07 pm

truckinwagen

• Veteran

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2010, 04:28:07 pm »
if you need hose/fittings find your local Parker store.
83 Opel Kadett Diesel

Reply #63February 23, 2010, 11:54:54 pm

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2010, 11:54:54 pm »

I especially hate the lazy citizens, who unlike members of the military, can actually do something about the government, but don't.  People should not fear the government, it should be the other way around. 

Haha, Frome here, it looks like you have it backwards, every time we 'lazy hippies' try to get heard,the SWAT team show up with dogs and pepper spray, telling us 'GTFO, go sit in a free speech zone, we don't have to listen to you.'  Since we are (compared to the riot squad) disarmed, they really don't.  Even worse, we pay an Army to protect us from this crap!

http://stores.ebay.com/pbtxxxs-wholesale   I've got excellent filters from these guys for a good price, you might ask about the LFS500, as the 1000 is a bit of a chunk, and hard to fit on a bunny.  They aren't listing as much stuff as they used to, probably due to Ebays off kilter fee structure, but they do have pretty much everything in the Racor catalog.  On the political tip, I really hope their CEO Meg Whitman does not make governor, what do you think?  I'm afraid of a tax to use my front door, with an extra fee if it is more than 5' tall, and another if it is used on weekends!

In you yellow pages, have a look for hydraulics, the should be some sort of ag-industrial hydraulic dealer that will have every kind of hose and fitting you can imagine, and then some.

On the shims the cheapest path is to, rearrange the ones you have for best fit, then  measure up the remaining ones, and order to fit.

Why rebuild the pump if it is running well? Get it started, and check internal pressure.  Why pay $900 to have $25 of non leaking seals replaced.

No offense, just a little dry humor on my part, just fed up, I'm sure that you can understand.  I am here not of my own free will.  And about Meg, well I hope that there is another "boston tea party" of sorts it is a long time coming.  I am a payer of taxes and really have no problem paying them, it is the principal underlying that gets my goat, I pay taxes to elected officials to make things better and allocate said funds without going bankrupt, in other words do the best they can with what I, and   By the By thanks for the very useful advice, this helps out a great deal, and I plan on rebuilding my own pump thanks to vinc's helpful faq "thanks Vince"others, have given them, not tax the crap out of every dime I have because they can't do what They were elected to do.
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
you know, decarbonated beer is a better coolant than the stuff you buy at the auto store, and is better for you...... really
"If the boost were to rise then the throttle would remain in the wide-open throttle position, which might be fun, but probably not for long"Libbypapa

Reply #64February 23, 2010, 11:56:34 pm

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2010, 11:56:34 pm »
if you need hose/fittings find your local Parker store.

I'm sure that in Anchorage the "parker store" is as common as the moose's tooth and great micro brewed beer, but here in Socal, it's an entirely different story.  by the way, hows the weather? 8)
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
you know, decarbonated beer is a better coolant than the stuff you buy at the auto store, and is better for you...... really
"If the boost were to rise then the throttle would remain in the wide-open throttle position, which might be fun, but probably not for long"Libbypapa

Reply #65February 24, 2010, 12:23:19 am

truckinwagen

• Veteran

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2010, 12:23:19 am »
Parker is a big name brand in hydraulics, they sell hydraulic parts all over the world.
I would be very surprised if there was not one in your area.

as for the weather, it was warm today. I wore a t-shirt most of the day.
supposed to snow this weekend though...

-Owen
83 Opel Kadett Diesel

Reply #66February 24, 2010, 06:16:38 pm

745 turbogreasel

Reply #67February 24, 2010, 11:01:31 pm

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2010, 11:01:31 pm »
wow, thanks 745turbogreasel, I had not thought of that, bit of a drive though....... well, everything is for me ::)
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb

Reply #68February 26, 2010, 12:17:50 pm

clbanman

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Cambridge, Ontario
Calvin
91 VW Golf 1.6NA 5spd

Reply #69May 25, 2010, 01:36:38 am

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2010, 01:36:38 am »
Ordered everything, should come in this weekend and be up and running by next week. YAY!  I basically got everything for a good tune-up.  Belts, gaskets, fuel filters, lines, injectors, arp studs.  I will also be resealing the injection pump and doing the long awaited mod to the I/P to give it some more hurrah.
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb

Reply #70May 29, 2010, 01:29:34 am

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2010, 01:29:34 am »
So I was trying to figure out why the pistons had valve impressions on them, well I need not ask anymore, pictures to come, but the shims in the lifters are all jacked up.  Anyone know the best, all out way to fix this situation.  There are all different sized shims in all of the buckets.  Should I just replace them as well?  Valves look good but the shims were def on the bad end of tolerance levels. :'(  I ordered all of that and still will not be running by wed. :-[ 
thanks for any help on this,

Kevin
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb

Reply #71May 29, 2010, 02:00:42 am

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2010, 02:00:42 am »
ok, so here are the no's listed in valve order printed on the underside of the lifter.  If there is no number, it means that it wasn't present or illegible.
1)R3.65
2)3.50
4)3.60
6)3.40
7)3.40
8)3.55
now, here are the actual sizes in thicknes in mm of the shims "measured with calipers"
1)3.50
2)3.49
3)3.58
4)3.57
5)3.48
6)3.39
7)3.38
8)3.52
I measured all of the tolerances on intake valves only to discover that the shim slid right through I then dissassembled and did this.  Am I wrong?  is there another step in the process?  What now?  If I fix this and my I/P pump, will my valves no longer kiss the piston? "I have piston valve connection, ever so slightly"
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb

Reply #72May 29, 2010, 02:03:57 am

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2010, 02:03:57 am »
7&8

5&6

3&4

1&2

in order from cam "left" to sensor right" as I pulled them, replacement necessary?
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb

Reply #73May 29, 2010, 09:51:03 am

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2010, 09:51:03 am »
how was the clearance of the valve train? they look absolutely useable to me. unless they are out of spec when installed. looks like someone used them in one engine or on a different valve, then turned it over and installed it in this engine. ive seen lifters used on both sides quite often actually.

S-PAutomotive.com