Author Topic: Custom TDI cams  (Read 3178 times)

November 16, 2005, 06:16:27 pm

935racer

Custom TDI cams
« on: November 16, 2005, 06:16:27 pm »
I am designing custom TDI cams, they will be complete bolt ons for these motors. The first cam has increased spool up and egts I have no dyno #'s or anything to prove anything as of yet but they will come. I am in need of some TDI core cams so I can continue R&D for these. I have designed 3 different performance cams for the 1.6 and 1.9 IDI engines with great results and I think there is performance potential for cams in a TDI.  I am looking for some core cams to continue the R&D so if you have anything for cheap or donation it would be greatly appreciated.

*I am not willing to release the specs of the cams until I have finalized the differnent cam stages.

Reply #1November 18, 2005, 09:33:00 pm

RabbitGTDguy

• Veteran

Custom TDI cams
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 09:33:00 pm »
it'll be interesting to see what you some up with has Kerma also tried this on TDIClub. Was successful, but the gains were non-existent and he halted research/production altogether....
The dyno results when you have them should prove to be very interesting...nice to see someone else doing work in it.
What did you find the "advantages" were in the IDI realm?

If you do it like your doing in the IDI forums, i may be up for a 'guinea pig' but , would like to see/hear a few comments on them before I would toss one into the brand spankin new motor.

Joe
1979 Rabbit mTDI crazy $*(\%& bunny...
1972 VW Westfalia
2009 VW Tiguan SE 2.0T (Wife's car)
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro Roadster (something newer :) )

Reply #2November 22, 2005, 01:37:01 pm

935racer

Custom TDI cams
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 01:37:01 pm »
Unfortunately I don't  have a personal TDI to test cams on so developement is a bit slower, I have one cam that I have seen really nice results for in the TDI's and it is ready for resale I just need some more cores before i actually start selling them. If you are interested shoot me a pm we can work something out.

Reply #3November 22, 2005, 04:37:20 pm

RabbitGTDguy

• Veteran

Custom TDI cams
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 04:37:20 pm »
might be interested...but would like to see some baselines first I guess...
Like I said, Kerma did alot of research into this and didn't find it provided any benefits whatsoever...it'll be interesting to see how it goes...

I'd be a test dummy, but will have to find another cam myself first...maybe i'll see if mikey's from his blow motor is any good...

Joe
1979 Rabbit mTDI crazy $*(\%& bunny...
1972 VW Westfalia
2009 VW Tiguan SE 2.0T (Wife's car)
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro Roadster (something newer :) )