Author Topic: Anyone selling cast impeller water pumps now?  (Read 5479 times)

Reply #15April 09, 2010, 01:35:59 am

fatmobile

• Veteran

• http://www.geocities.com/vwfatmobile/
Re: Anyone selling cast impeller water pumps now?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 01:35:59 am »
I wonder if that metal ABA gasket will keep it from rubbing,..
 it's pretty thick.
 I've had those plastic ones rub before too.
Tornado red, '91 Golf 4 door,
with a re-ringed, '84 quantum, turbo diesel, MD block

Reply #16April 10, 2010, 10:52:13 pm

Dakotakid

• Veteran

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 10:52:13 pm »
Good idea.
For now, I got my money back.
Up to this point, I have always gotten "rebuilds" from O'Reilly's. This time, they had a NEW one sitting on the shelf for two dollars more...so I bit....and, yes, it did bite!
What I have done now is order a rebuilt one and we will see if it comes with cast iron. If cast, it will come home. If not cast, me-no-takie!
I found two old ones with cast iron impellars in my storage unit. Probably would take a chance on doing a very careful press-out-press-on job. Would need to see if shaft is same....should be.
My dislike for the big continent on the other side of the earth will make a McGuyver oooot of me yet!
The mask and the shot(s) are actually an IQ test. If you are wearing or circulating, you just failed the test. I can't feel sorry for you.

Reply #17March 20, 2013, 12:53:13 am

wolf_walker

• Veteran

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 12:53:13 am »
You know, I love forums because I can go back years later and find something I figured out, then forgot.

I had a spare Graf stamped impeller pump and couldn't remember if I'd bought it as a spare or had it and didn't use it because it sucked.

Thank you forum-memory.  :)

Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become ignorant.
Mentat Text Two