S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Prop valve questions  (Read 3099 times)

April 07, 2010, 01:35:29 pm

Rabbit on Roids

Prop valve questions
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:35:29 pm »
so, were talking about the prop valve on my GTI. rear disks. prop valve leaks like a mother. is there any way to rebuild them? or are they one of those replace the whole thing when it fails type of part? and i suppose you gotta have the one for disk brakes huh? and the ABS one is probably different from non abs valve?

Reply #1April 07, 2010, 07:17:32 pm

Kudagra

• Veteran

• www.no-coast.com
Re: Prop valve questions
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 07:17:32 pm »
Lets see.

If its rebuildable I dont know how you would do it. Im sure it can be done..but I dont think you could get parts.

Vortex says they are the same. Vagcat only shows one part number. Every other manufacturer I know uses different ones because disc work different then drums. I personally like to use a Disc brake one. Any disc MK2 or 3 works. The ABS ones look exactly the same...and should work the same. I have a non abs one out if you like I can try and grab a part number off if of it.

AZautohaus shows one for $77 and says specifically for Disc.

Thats what I know.
Turbo boost libido and passive restraints
And as of yet I haven't heard even a single complaint
I've got the tools of the trade and a fuel injected heart
Efficiency is beautiful, efficiency is art

Reply #2April 07, 2010, 07:21:29 pm

truckinwagen

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 07:21:29 pm »
disc and drum use different prop valves.
then also are the dynamic, and static ones.

the dynamic attach to the rear beam and have a spring attached to them, static do not.

as far as I know they are not rebuildable, your best bet is to look at the local junkyard for one that matches your car, as new ones are very pricey(as stated already)
83 Opel Kadett Diesel

Reply #3April 07, 2010, 10:49:55 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 10:49:55 pm »
i i used to work at the local junkyard until recently. there are no parts for my car left there. i bought them all. brake prop valves were not something i came across. there is a gutted mk3 there, but its got drums. and i know of a mk2 w/ disks, but it has abs...

Fixmyvw.com