Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Redneck takes an NA motor and slaps on a turbo.  (Read 13929 times)

Reply #75May 28, 2011, 04:56:54 pm

vdubspeed

• Junior

Re: Redneck takes an NA motor and slaps on a turbo.
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2011, 04:56:54 pm »
Well I'm in LOVE.

Gov mod complete, rotate 1 spline CCW, stock boost (no idea what it is for this wastegate), 1.5 rotations on the fuel screw. Full 2.25 exhaust with Magnaflow muffler.

Starts and idles perfect. Reliability was not affected. Runs awesome and pulls HARD. Will pull till the EGT's hit melting piston time.

My friend who has a bone stock 1.6 with a giles pump was REALLY impressed. Almost to point of opening his pump to do the gov mod.

I can't really add any more fuel though because EGT's are maxed out. I'd like to do water injection or maybe one day add an intercooler.

Either way...as Bush said...Mission Complete

Reply #76May 28, 2011, 05:47:49 pm

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2011, 05:47:49 pm »
awesome to hear, you should do one of those cool water meth injection systems where you use boost pressure to squirt water into the inlet of the turbo.  very simple, very cool.  also, ur friend with a giles pump should already have the gov mod done, i would imagine
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #77May 29, 2011, 04:51:53 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2011, 04:51:53 pm »
Well I'm in LOVE.

Gov mod complete, rotate 1 spline CCW, stock boost (no idea what it is for this wastegate), 1.5 rotations on the fuel screw. Full 2.25 exhaust with Magnaflow muffler.

Starts and idles perfect. Reliability was not affected. Runs awesome and pulls HARD. Will pull till the EGT's hit melting piston time.

My friend who has a bone stock 1.6 with a giles pump was REALLY impressed. Almost to point of opening his pump to do the gov mod.

I can't really add any more fuel though because EGT's are maxed out. I'd like to do water injection or maybe one day add an intercooler.

Either way...as Bush said...Mission Complete

your mission was to stay cheap.. and you can find intercoolers cheap off other cars. a 90s turbo eclipse intercooler is ideal. there are plenty of others that fit too. SRT4 and PT croozer intercoolers also fit decent. i have a tiny mazda millenia intercooler on my rabbit..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #78May 31, 2011, 05:39:14 pm

vdubspeed

• Junior

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2011, 05:39:14 pm »
new mission....a/c.

After driving the turbo diesel a couple hours round trip with a trailer in tow AND with the family in the car, we picked up an oak table and 6 chairs and hauled butt home. About 10mins into the trip...I decided enough was enough and today I started in on installing a/c.

What that meant was pulling the original GTI wiring harness that has been HACKED after 7 motor swaps. I installed a harness from an 81 or 82 Rabbit L diesel 2dr with a/c that I've been holding onto. Tomorrow I will start on installing the a/c hardware.

What I find funny is that I pulled the a/c on this car about 8 years ago because I wanted the original JH to be a little faster. Over the years the car transformed and more shiz was pulled. Can't believe I'm putting it all back in.

But yeah...new mission - I want a blizzard to come out of the vents and give a big f-u to the great ball of fire in the sky.

more to come.

Jason

S-PAutomotive.com