Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Shenanigans  (Read 162050 times)

Reply #390April 24, 2012, 07:34:24 pm

8v-of-fury

Re: Shenanigans
« Reply #390 on: April 24, 2012, 07:34:24 pm »
Catlin got ahead of me...I lost again
YAY ;D
20k character limit, guess we better get another nest going!
Keep them all tight too, directly under the quote with no space lol should make it neater lookin. BAM
LMFAO... we have a 26 (soon to be 27) page thread about NOTHING... this thread is pure WIN!!
PULLED THE TDI OUT OF STORAGE OFFICIALLY TODAY :D Marked my Territory in front of our soon to be house by leaving a 500foot strip  ;D
A week without internet is hell!!! Found a minty clean 82 cabby with a crap engine for CHEAP, but it was gone till I found it... Bugger!
M-tdi is down for the count.. may have slipped the timing belt.. but it still runs nicely.. ?
Oh no! Can it slip at all in a TDI without valves and pistons making love to each other?
well. I don't think i slipped the belt.. came close though, the acc belt was jammed up in my timing belt cover.. So for those of you who preach the holy timing belt cover.. it doesn't save you from wrecking the belt ;).

its back together and running ok.. I just did the short drive home at low rpm, but i will be checking the timing for accuracy. I got the vw lord on my side :d
8v come on. I am sure without it there you would be taking the head off and checking for S shaped rods. Instead you probably pulled some pieces out from behind the gear/belt area and all was well.
Without the cover there the belt would have never got bunched up in the timing cover to stall my car in the first place haha ;). lol

Meh, whatevs bromontana/tikobrohey. I am just glad nothing got Fubar'd.

your right, it wouldnt have gotten bunched up behind the cover, but it prolly would have bunched up between the timing belt and sprocket, breaking the belt, and trashing the engine..

Meh, with his vast hoards of loonies and toonies he'd just go buy a new one!
Going to start my 1.6 TD rebuild bump...Got in before the others too :D
dude I want to find a $400 running TDI
Everyone does ;)

Reply #391April 24, 2012, 10:46:51 pm

maxfax

• Veteran

« Reply #391 on: April 24, 2012, 10:46:51 pm »
YAY ;D
Keep them all tight too, directly under the quote with no space lol should make it neater lookin. BAM
LMFAO... we have a 26 (soon to be 27) page thread about NOTHING... this thread is pure WIN!!
PULLED THE TDI OUT OF STORAGE OFFICIALLY TODAY :D Marked my Territory in front of our soon to be house by leaving a 500foot strip  ;D
A week without internet is hell!!! Found a minty clean 82 cabby with a crap engine for CHEAP, but it was gone till I found it... Bugger!
M-tdi is down for the count.. may have slipped the timing belt.. but it still runs nicely.. ?
Oh no! Can it slip at all in a TDI without valves and pistons making love to each other?
well. I don't think i slipped the belt.. came close though, the acc belt was jammed up in my timing belt cover.. So for those of you who preach the holy timing belt cover.. it doesn't save you from wrecking the belt ;).

its back together and running ok.. I just did the short drive home at low rpm, but i will be checking the timing for accuracy. I got the vw lord on my side :d
8v come on. I am sure without it there you would be taking the head off and checking for S shaped rods. Instead you probably pulled some pieces out from behind the gear/belt area and all was well.
Without the cover there the belt would have never got bunched up in the timing cover to stall my car in the first place haha ;). lol

your right, it wouldnt have gotten bunched up behind the cover, but it prolly would have bunched up between the timing belt and sprocket, breaking the belt, and trashing the engine..

Everyone does ;)
I don't..   :P  I'll settle for a nice Cabby to put my IDI in for that price though...

Reply #392June 16, 2012, 05:25:46 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #392 on: June 16, 2012, 05:25:46 pm »
YAY ;D

Everyone does ;)
I don't..   :P  I'll settle for a nice Cabby to put my IDI in for that price though...

Pulled the old engine out of the Jetta finally...looks rough.

Reply #393June 16, 2012, 06:01:56 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #393 on: June 16, 2012, 06:01:56 pm »
YAY ;D

Everyone does ;)
Yay Lucamod! what are your following plans?? Also the M-tdi has been running superb lately. I currently have my pump pretty much maxed out!! So I need an inter-cooler, injectors and a 11mm or 12mm pump head!! LoL :)

Reply #394June 16, 2012, 08:16:45 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #394 on: June 16, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »
YAY ;D

Everyone does ;)
Yay Lucamod! what are your following plans?? Also the M-tdi has been running superb lately. I currently have my pump pretty much maxed out!! So I need an inter-cooler, injectors and a 11mm or 12mm pump head!! LoL :)
Well, I think I want to build the 1.6 and have fun with it a bit. I have all my pieces except this crank at the machinist and am waiting the verdict on the valves/head combo. I am going to go with a bigger valve head if the valves are still available. Maybe a T3 hybrid. My Giles pump was redone before the old 1.6 went to the grave...it has a little more pump than it used to. Hoping by the end of the month the guy will have me my stuff so I can build it again.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:23:12 pm by 8v-of-fury »

Reply #395June 18, 2012, 03:02:13 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #395 on: June 18, 2012, 03:02:13 pm »
dude, im gonna travel to ohio just to slap you if you dont join me in VNT territory...

you got a bigger VNT than mine. i dont have lag issues. on par/quicker spool than a T3.

wastegates are for girls.. lol.
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #396July 22, 2012, 05:16:15 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #396 on: July 22, 2012, 05:16:15 pm »
dude, im gonna travel to ohio just to slap you if you dont join me in VNT territory...

you got a bigger VNT than mine. i dont have lag issues. on par/quicker spool than a T3.

wastegates are for girls.. lol.

I will eventually do it, just want it to run for now...got in again :D

Reply #397July 27, 2012, 01:47:25 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #397 on: July 27, 2012, 01:47:25 pm »
So, what have you guys been working on lately?

ive been playing with an 82 Oldsmodiesel (pimp)wagon.. pump rebuild (not by me) tune up, water separator/filter install, shocks, yadda yadda..

I WISH IT WERE MINE!! its the best running 5.7D i have ever heard/seen.. it runs smooth, even from cold.. has a VERY unique sound as well.. kinda sounds like a 6.2 GM, and 6.9 international mated, and this is the offspring..

also been working on my own cars.. the TD is a never ending project, but you all know how that goes.. im still trying to get the VNT sorted.. i want to get rid of the big flat spot in my power band..

the GTI needs the tie rods replaced as well..

and my Coupe GT still needs the clutch replaced!

too many projects, too little time..
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:54:39 pm by R.O.R-2.0 »

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #398July 30, 2012, 06:08:19 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #398 on: July 30, 2012, 06:08:19 pm »
Still toying with the M-TDI. Got some Veg Injection nozzles. They have a .235-238mm tip as opposed to the stock .181-184mm ;D Got a T3 to go on it as well, and I am ordering an inter cooler kit w/fmic this week. I also plan to be friggin around with the dynamic advance sometime very soon.

Reply #399July 31, 2012, 02:31:20 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #399 on: July 31, 2012, 02:31:20 pm »
Jer, do you have any AAZ, or TDI pumps laying around?

im lookin for a TDI advance spring/cover, DI/AAZ pump springs, and a DI/AAZ cam plate..

i wanna build a new pump now.. i was making ~40psi @ 1200* last night.. i need more fuel..

Reply #400August 18, 2012, 01:20:13 am

maxfax

• Veteran

« Reply #400 on: August 18, 2012, 01:20:13 am »
Wow, feels like forever since I've been on here..  Can't say that I'm wrenching on anything exciting, but I finally do have everything moved to the new shop..  Now if I just knew where anything is at..

Reply #401August 23, 2012, 03:32:31 pm

catlin_cava

• Veteran

« Reply #401 on: August 23, 2012, 03:32:31 pm »
MAYBE THIS WEEKEND ILL HAVE A BEER WITH JEREMY ;D

Catlin

2012 VW Golf 2.5 5speed Deep Black Pearl
1999.5 VW Jetta TDI Bosch .216mm injectors and Malone stage 2, soon 11mm pump and vnt 22(parked for the winter)
2010 VW Golf City 2.0L "Hers"

Reply #402September 04, 2012, 05:20:46 pm

CrazyAndy

• Veteran

« Reply #402 on: September 04, 2012, 05:20:46 pm »
*Sigh*   STILL waiting on a crank . . . might actually have it sometime this week if the stars align.  Then can finally assemble the bottom end and measure for HG thickness.

It would be the best birthday present ever.  :) 

Reply #403September 04, 2012, 05:37:41 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #403 on: September 04, 2012, 05:37:41 pm »

No, two women would be. Crank would be next best thing ;) lol

Reply #404September 04, 2012, 09:16:37 pm

CrazyAndy

• Veteran

« Reply #404 on: September 04, 2012, 09:16:37 pm »

No, two women would be. Crank would be next best thing ;) lol

Or the turbo that I have now learned is forever stuck in the canadian postal service.  >:(  Oh well, T3 now!

And how can I have women w/out an awesome car to get 'em in?  :P

Fixmyvw.com