S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Shenanigans  (Read 162099 times)

Reply #375March 12, 2012, 04:12:17 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
Re: Shenanigans
« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2012, 04:12:17 pm »
20k character limit, guess we better get another nest going!
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #376March 12, 2012, 10:29:39 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #376 on: March 12, 2012, 10:29:39 pm »
Catlin got ahead of me...I lost again.
YAY ;D
Keep them all tight too, directly under the quote with no space lol should make it neater lookin. BAM
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:31:43 pm by 8v-of-fury »

Reply #377March 13, 2012, 02:27:55 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #377 on: March 13, 2012, 02:27:55 pm »
YAY ;D
Keep them all tight too, directly under the quote with no space lol should make it neater lookin. BAM
LMFAO... we have a 26 (soon to be 27) page thread about NOTHING... this thread is pure WIN!!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #378March 17, 2012, 11:01:11 pm

catlin_cava

• Veteran

« Reply #378 on: March 17, 2012, 11:01:11 pm »
YAY ;D
LMFAO... we have a 26 (soon to be 27) page thread about NOTHING... this thread is pure WIN!!
PULLED THE TDI OUT OF STORAGE OFFICIALLY TODAY :D Marked my Territory in front of our soon to be house by leaving a 500foot strip  ;D
Catlin

2012 VW Golf 2.5 5speed Deep Black Pearl
1999.5 VW Jetta TDI Bosch .216mm injectors and Malone stage 2, soon 11mm pump and vnt 22(parked for the winter)
2010 VW Golf City 2.0L "Hers"

Reply #379March 18, 2012, 12:43:07 pm

maxfax

• Veteran

« Reply #379 on: March 18, 2012, 12:43:07 pm »
YAY ;D
PULLED THE TDI OUT OF STORAGE OFFICIALLY TODAY :D Marked my Territory in front of our soon to be house by leaving a 500foot strip  ;D
A week without internet is hell!!! Found a minty clean 82 cabby with a crap engine for CHEAP, but it was gone till I found it... Bugger!

Reply #380March 19, 2012, 12:38:07 am

8v-of-fury

« Reply #380 on: March 19, 2012, 12:38:07 am »
YAY ;D
A week without internet is hell!!! Found a minty clean 82 cabby with a crap engine for CHEAP, but it was gone till I found it... Bugger!
M-tdi is down for the count.. may have slipped the timing belt.. but it still runs nicely.. ?

Reply #381March 21, 2012, 11:18:27 am

RadoTD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Stage WTF
« Reply #381 on: March 21, 2012, 11:18:27 am »
YAY ;D
M-tdi is down for the count.. may have slipped the timing belt.. but it still runs nicely.. ?
Oh no! Can it slip at all in a TDI without valves and pistons making love to each other?

enough boost is when you have 3 dimple marks in the hood from the valve cover nuts..  ;D

Reply #382March 21, 2012, 12:24:22 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #382 on: March 21, 2012, 12:24:22 pm »
Catlin got ahead of me...I lost again
YAY ;D
Oh no! Can it slip at all in a TDI without valves and pistons making love to each other?
well. I don't think i slipped the belt.. came close though, the acc belt was jammed up in my timing belt cover.. So for those of you who preach the holy timing belt cover.. it doesn't save you from wrecking the belt ;).

its back together and running ok.. I just did the short drive home at low rpm, but i will be checking the timing for accuracy. I got the vw lord on my side :d

Reply #383March 21, 2012, 09:35:58 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #383 on: March 21, 2012, 09:35:58 pm »
YAY ;D
well. I don't think i slipped the belt.. came close though, the acc belt was jammed up in my timing belt cover.. So for those of you who preach the holy timing belt cover.. it doesn't save you from wrecking the belt ;).

its back together and running ok.. I just did the short drive home at low rpm, but i will be checking the timing for accuracy. I got the vw lord on my side :d
8v come on. I am sure without it there you would be taking the head off and checking for S shaped rods. Instead you probably pulled some pieces out from behind the gear/belt area and all was well.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:35:35 pm by 8v-of-fury »

Reply #384March 21, 2012, 09:40:21 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #384 on: March 21, 2012, 09:40:21 pm »
YAY ;D

8v come on. I am sure without it there you would be taking the head off and checking for S shaped rods. Instead you probably pulled some pieces out from behind the gear/belt area and all was well.
Without the cover there the belt would have never got bunched up in the timing cover to stall my car in the first place haha ;). lol

Meh, whatevs bromontana/tikobrohey. I am just glad nothing got Fubar'd.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:36:08 pm by 8v-of-fury »

Reply #385March 26, 2012, 01:20:24 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #385 on: March 26, 2012, 01:20:24 pm »
YAY ;D

Without the cover there the belt would have never got bunched up in the timing cover to stall my car in the first place haha ;). lol

your right, it wouldnt have gotten bunched up behind the cover, but it prolly would have bunched up between the timing belt and sprocket, breaking the belt, and trashing the engine..

Reply #386March 26, 2012, 10:18:11 pm

maxfax

• Veteran

« Reply #386 on: March 26, 2012, 10:18:11 pm »
YAY ;D

your right, it wouldnt have gotten bunched up behind the cover, but it prolly would have bunched up between the timing belt and sprocket, breaking the belt, and trashing the engine..

Meh, with his vast hoards of loonies and toonies he'd just go buy a new one!

Reply #387March 27, 2012, 09:10:55 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #387 on: March 27, 2012, 09:10:55 pm »
YAY ;D

I bought a running 98 tdi car for $400, and after selling off all the interior and then trading the empty shell for yet another running car which i then took the 1.6TD from stripped sold and scrapped... I was making money to do a TDI swap ;) NOT TO MENTION I SOLD ALL MY ELECTRONICS WHEN I DECIDED TO GO M-TDI FOR LIKE $350!!! So I literally MADE nearly $600 to do my m-tdi swap :D Just a few loonies and twoonies lol.

Reply #388April 15, 2012, 12:11:21 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #388 on: April 15, 2012, 12:11:21 pm »
YAY ;D

Going to start my 1.6 TD rebuild bump...Got in before the others too :D

Reply #389April 15, 2012, 10:38:18 pm

billybobf

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    89 golf 1.8 digi, 1.6 na in pieces in the shop
« Reply #389 on: April 15, 2012, 10:38:18 pm »
YAY ;D

Going to start my 1.6 TD rebuild bump...Got in before the others too :D
dude I want to find a $400 running TDI