S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Forum Sticky's  (Read 3405 times)

November 01, 2005, 12:39:48 pm

bvanetten

• Junior

Forum Sticky's
« on: November 01, 2005, 12:39:48 pm »
Would it be possible to add sticky threads to the top of the IDI forum?  It's done an a couple of sites that I frequent and is quite handy.  It would be a huge time saver for many.  The search feature is great but I waste more time when I use it...  Not because I'm unable to find what I'm looking for but because I find a bunch of other equally cool stuff that I must read right then!  It's like a drug.  So, how would we go about doing something like this?  Maybe one big IDI FAQ?

Reply #1November 01, 2005, 01:00:53 pm

RedRotors

• Veteran

• http://www.mikrotuning.com
Forum Sticky's
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 01:00:53 pm »
There's already a FAQ section. I don't want to put sticky, at least not much because there's to many subjects and one that could be usefull for you won't be the case of the others..

If peoples want to write a FAQ, specially for IDI, i have no problem with it.

Cheers,

Marc/
Site admin.
2k1 Golf TDI, 11mm pump, HFLOX Warp 5, VNT17, Wavetrac, 4" Lift
91' VW Golf Country
94' Dodge RAM 2500, 4x4, Cummins, 5 spds, 191's, 215hp injectors, SB Clutch
03' Dodge RAM 2500, 4x4, Cummins, 6 spds, MBPR 4 ", custom intake, Smarty Jr

-> www.mikrotuning.com <-
-> www.hflox.com <-

Reply #2November 01, 2005, 03:44:22 pm

malone

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Malone Tuning Ltd.
Re: Forum Sticky's
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 03:44:22 pm »
Quote from: "bvanetten"
Not because I'm unable to find what I'm looking for but because I find a bunch of other equally cool stuff that I must read right then!  It's like a drug.

:lol:

I agree that some people should volunteer to compose a FAQ after they find the information they needed, usually from several threads. The pump fuel governor mod is a good example. I know fpsGTD recently put together a bunch of links related to that topic but it should go into the FAQs forum instead. Perhaps I'll help with that 8)
http://www.tunezilla.com
93 Eurovan AHU TDI
96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI - I bought it back!
97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L 1Z TDI - sold and missed
11 Golf 2.0L CJAA TDI DSG - Stage 4
14 Golf Wagon 2.0L CJAA TDI DSG - Sold
17 BMW 328d wagon - Sold
09 BMW 335d 3.0L

Reply #3November 01, 2005, 11:06:01 pm

bvanetten

• Junior

Forum Sticky's
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 11:06:01 pm »
FAQ, Sticky, however you want to slice it up, doesent matter to me.  
I know this list has a wealth of info in it and it is a shame it is rather fragmented.  I did a search for something a couple of days ago had to sift through 4 pages to pull info from 4 threads to come up with one solution.  As a comparison, on pirate4x4.com the amount on info you can find in the FAQ stickys at the top of your forum is quite extensive and most of the time you are 2 or 3 clicks away from whatever it is you are trying to figure out.  I'd help type stuff up but I'm kinda new to the vw thing and I don't think I know enough to know what to type up.