S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Turbo choices  (Read 3640 times)

June 26, 2004, 09:54:34 pm

crazybushman

Turbo choices
« on: June 26, 2004, 09:54:34 pm »
I already have a turbodiesel Jetta, but I don't have a clue what turbo it has on it or what could be bolted in its place.  I'm getting ready to intercool it within the next 2 weeks or so...

But my question is this;  I bought a diesel rabbit (1982 I think) for my brothers first car, the thing had a cracked block, and I finished off the rest of the engine (long story...), but we recently scored a turbo diesel engine out of a newer Jetta (somewhere between 1990 and 1992).  The turbo seal went on it and it puked most of the engine oil out the exhaust, but it was still running before it was shut off :-)  So the turbo is shot, we need another turbo.  Does a standard garrett T3 flange turbo fit, or is it something that is particular to VW's?  Like I said, I don't know what turbo it came with, but I did read something about the GTD turbo being a kkk k-24?  Is this correct?  I see one on ebay right now, but it has the T3 flange on it, so before bidding, I'd like to know if it's gonna fit :-)  Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Tyler

'85 Turbodiesel Jetta, top mount intercooler, etc.
'82 Rabbit TD
'83 Benz 300TD
'82 Toy Landcruiser 3.4 N/A for sale
'85 Toy 4x4 truck 2.5TD camper truck from hell, leaving for South America Oct. 1, 2005 Seeking corporate sponsorship

S-PAutomotive.com