Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Anyone found a 100% bolt-on MTDI pump yet?  (Read 30671 times)

Reply #30December 10, 2009, 05:52:59 pm

macka

• Veteran

Re: Anyone found a 100% bolt-on MTDI pump yet?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2009, 05:52:59 pm »
If Karls pumps do the deed for less where is the issue?
Quote from: Vincent Walden
I do know that I drive torque,  while listening to my friends prattle on about horsepower.

Reply #31December 10, 2009, 06:18:17 pm

westyventures

• User+

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 06:18:17 pm »
The only issue right now is I was waiting for months for Bosch to supply parts I needed to modify these and in the end they finally told me these parts are NLA - so I am now having the parts made. I have a backlog of about a dozen pumps waiting...plus just bought a dyno and discovered I need a bigger shop to install it in. Little stuff like that.  ;)
Karl Mullendore
www.westyventures.com

Reply #32December 11, 2009, 04:13:52 am

teftdossy

Anyone found a 100 bolt on MTDI pump yet
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2009, 04:13:52 am »
I have this same fault on an alhambra.
new pump and tensioner has not cured it.
what else is there to try?

Reply #33December 11, 2009, 03:30:30 pm

scottmandu

• User+

• http://www.advancedautomotion.com
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 03:30:30 pm »

How the heck isn't that a fair comparison??

I don't want to come across as having a man crush on Karl or his pumps but they have the same 12mm head, are cheaper, have been mounted on a 1.9 & adjusted for a 1.9, come with the correct sprocket and bolt right in.

You don't need to confess your love, the only reference I found to Karl's pump heads were 10mm and 11mm so I stand corrected.

The LT pumps are 100 percent bolt in, and are perfectly set up for the 1.9.  Dozens of installations have proven that as well as the units we have installed in customer conversions.

Your right there are cheaper alternatives out there, and for those who solely shop price then you've got your match, however I can deliver a pump overnight, and it's 100 percent new using original Bosch parts (not aftermarket) and warrantied by Bosch.

So to avoid an Off Topic debate on who's pumps pump better, I suggest we leave it at this.

Reply #34December 11, 2009, 04:25:24 pm

westyventures

• User+

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2009, 04:25:24 pm »

The LT pumps are 100 percent bolt in, and are perfectly set up for the 1.9.  Dozens of installations have proven that as well as the units we have installed in customer conversions.

Your right there are cheaper alternatives out there, and for those who solely shop price then you've got your match, however I can deliver a pump overnight, and it's 100 percent new using original Bosch parts (not aftermarket) and warrantied by Bosch.

Please re-read my post #19. The LT pumps, although a direct bolt-in, do have low fuel delivery issues in lower rpms. This can be corrected with a spring change in the ['low-smoke'] throttle/governor lever, and quite a bit of low-rpm power can be gained.

I should point out that my pumps are 100% Bosch, new, German, and are warrantied by me. The LT does have a more refined advance piston design and longer snout, beyond that the two are not much different.
Karl Mullendore
www.westyventures.com

Reply #35December 24, 2009, 11:11:59 am

55eta

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2009, 11:11:59 am »
The only issue right now is I was waiting for months for Bosch to supply parts I needed to modify these and in the end they finally told me these parts are NLA - so I am now having the parts made. I have a backlog of about a dozen pumps waiting...plus just bought a dyno and discovered I need a bigger shop to install it in. Little stuff like that.  ;)
      have you tried these for your parts http://www.eurodiesel.com[/url]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 11:13:57 am by 55eta »

Reply #36December 24, 2009, 11:35:31 am

westyventures

• User+

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2009, 11:35:31 am »
Thanks, will check with these folks. Hopefully they have what I need!
Karl Mullendore
www.westyventures.com

Reply #37December 25, 2009, 11:15:10 am

blackdogvan

• Veteran

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2009, 11:15:10 am »
The only issue right now is I was waiting for months for Bosch to supply parts I needed to modify these and in the end they finally told me these parts are NLA - so I am now having the parts made. I have a backlog of about a dozen pumps waiting...plus just bought a dyno and discovered I need a bigger shop to install it in. Little stuff like that.  ;)

Anytime I've seen pictures of Chinese nozzles and pump heads they have been in the exact same plastic packaging. I'm just saying is all...
1991 Vanagon 1.9 mTDI

Reply #38December 25, 2009, 03:00:13 pm

golftd412000

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2009, 03:00:13 pm »
if you'r interest l build tdi-m pumps
whith 10,11 or12mm head bosch
i'm live in france

Reply #39January 03, 2010, 08:49:42 am

Pat Dolan

• Junior

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2010, 08:49:42 am »

Anytime I've seen pictures of Chinese nozzles and pump heads they have been in the exact same plastic packaging. I'm just saying is all...
Don't know the specifics of this particular case, but in China, I have also seen millions of dollars of neraly perfect 1930's US currency (indistinguishable to anyone but an experty) - all pretty much identical to the real thing.   I have also seen many items that are "semi-legitimate" as someone IN the industry internationally just has a clone of their own or a competitor's stuff built there. One thing few of us in the West appreciate about China is that forgery of ANYTHING is at a very high state of art and SOMETIMES reasonable level science & technology, and has been for a very, very long time.
lifetime VW enthusiast, racer, fixer, addict, etc.
'03 TDI Variant, MkII Golf Country, Mk1 and II Scirocco (gassers), a Vanagon aircooled, an Audi 2.0 TD waiting to become a Porsche TD (in my M471 924), FLD120/DDEC IV, Ford 7.3/450, Iveco D220 and some 6D14T Mitsus and a few more.

Reply #40January 03, 2010, 11:27:56 am

Pat Dolan

• Junior

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2010, 11:27:56 am »

How the heck isn't that a fair comparison??

I don't want to come across as having a man crush on Karl or his pumps but they have the same 12mm head, are cheaper, have been mounted on a 1.9 & adjusted for a 1.9, come with the correct sprocket and bolt right in.

You don't need to confess your love, the only reference I found to Karl's pump heads were 10mm and 11mm so I stand corrected.

So to avoid an Off Topic debate on who's pumps pump better, I suggest we leave it at this.
  Scott:
When you say 'set up" for 1.9, exactly what do you mean.  Is the timing optimized, delivery curves, etc.?  Obviously, at 12mm head, volume is going to be more than adequate for a lot of power on ANY 12mm pump, but I would be interested in a one-stop deal where I don't have to tear into it or send it to someone to get it dialed in to the driveability range (including max RPM).

Pat
lifetime VW enthusiast, racer, fixer, addict, etc.
'03 TDI Variant, MkII Golf Country, Mk1 and II Scirocco (gassers), a Vanagon aircooled, an Audi 2.0 TD waiting to become a Porsche TD (in my M471 924), FLD120/DDEC IV, Ford 7.3/450, Iveco D220 and some 6D14T Mitsus and a few more.

Reply #41January 08, 2010, 02:06:01 pm

scottmandu

• User+

• http://www.advancedautomotion.com
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2010, 02:06:01 pm »

I should point out that my pumps are 100% Bosch

In an earlier post you had mentioned having parts parts made. How can this statement above be true then.

For those who shop solely on price.

http://www.dieselvw.com/RebuiltMTDIPump.htm

Reply #42January 08, 2010, 02:28:23 pm

westyventures

• User+

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2010, 02:28:23 pm »

In an earlier post you had mentioned having parts parts made. How can this statement above be true then.

OK, so 99%  ::)
What I meant is that there are no Chinese parts in my pumps - the two parts I need to have made, the timing spring and cover, will be made locally at a major spring manufacturer and machine shop, respectively.

Of course a Prothe pump is cheaper, using Chinese parts and not a 20mm shaft base.
Karl Mullendore
www.westyventures.com

Reply #43January 09, 2010, 11:57:46 pm

Street Toys

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2010, 11:57:46 pm »

OK, so 99%  ::)
What I meant is that there are no Chinese parts in my pumps - the two parts I need to have made, the timing spring and cover, will be made locally at a major spring manufacturer and machine shop, respectively.

Of course a Prothe pump is cheaper, using Chinese parts and not a 20mm shaft base.

Karl,

I have both covers and springs made right here in the US by ME!!  I think I'll send you a couple to try out
 ;) let me know if you would like to take a look at them! :)

Reply #44January 10, 2010, 12:24:55 am

westyventures

• User+

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 12:24:55 am »
I have both covers and springs made right here in the US by ME!!  I think I'll send you a couple to try out
 ;) let me know if you would like to take a look at them! :)

Really?  ;D OK, I had no idea you were making these, so sure, I'd like to try them out!
Karl Mullendore
www.westyventures.com

S-PAutomotive.com