Author Topic: Anybody Looking for a new AAZ engine?  (Read 4208 times)

October 16, 2005, 12:28:44 am

benjaminva

Anybody Looking for a new AAZ engine?
« on: October 16, 2005, 12:28:44 am »
Ok, I was at my favorite VW parts place here in Calgary and decided to ask what a new AAZ engine would cost with the new TDI crank system in place.  $3200 cnd(And thats what they told me) is what they were selling these engines for.  I am not sure if that includes pump, turbo, injectors, or anything else, but I will find that out Monday as I need to call them.  They also have ALH motors for $3800, which almost sounds too good to be true in my books.  Anyhow, here is the website http://www.ahmueller.com/ and the contact info, they also sell lots of other things at great prices.  I picked up some beru glow plugs for $15 for 4, and I think if you get 10 they lower the price even more.  I honestly think that a few other places around town order through these guys, and a lot of shops do as well.  Anyhow, I toyed around with just selling the engines for a little profit myself(Ebay I could make a killing, and still might).  Although this place is all about people helping people out, and I have done lots of reading and leaching for along time, so time to give a bit back.
Hope this helps some people.

Ben

Reply #1October 16, 2005, 08:19:25 am

RAMMSTEIN

• Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 08:19:25 am »
In the specials section it says that there's a price list...where???? :?

Can't find it... :(
Rammstein

In abscence of light, darkness prevails.

Reply #2October 16, 2005, 12:44:39 pm

benjaminva

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 12:44:39 pm »
I have not found the price list either, just give them a call, or email them.  I hope to go in Monday and talk to the guy about these engines.  The prices I said are what they sell them for, ie I get no discounts, so try and see what you can do.  This is just something that I found and thought that I would share.  Even if you live in Calgary I would recommend going to these guys for parts for the prices.   I will post when I get back monday and have figured out whats all on the engines.

Ben

Reply #3October 16, 2005, 06:34:05 pm

gxc175

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 06:34:05 pm »
Sounds like just a long block.  You may also want to check out newbielink:http://www.justveedubs.com [nonactive] US$2233 for a 1.9 TD long block new. If anyone sees a cheaper one please post it.

Greg

Fixmyvw.com