Author Topic: newby//VW T4 1.9TD ABL  (Read 19800 times)

Reply #15November 06, 2009, 02:29:23 pm

55eta

Re: newby//VW T4 1.9TD ABL
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 02:29:23 pm »
you will have to swap the springs around on your boost pins

Reply #16November 06, 2009, 03:50:30 pm

tunedbandit

• User+

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 03:50:30 pm »
yeah i do think i will keep my eyes open for the adjustable top type one,but for now i reckon i can still have fun messing with this,,,what iam not getting my head around is guy from other forum mentioned "does it come with the bracket & proper bolts"   

iam assuming it bolted straight onto the block,,& iam struggling to find a comprehensive diagram or pictures for this,,ive never had the pump off my t4 but iam also wanting all the required stuff for when i crack on with as i need it back on the road within the day ish really,,ive also noticed my pump as 2 sets of wires going to it so again there's still plenty for me to research before iam totally happy with what i need plus parts

Reply #17November 07, 2009, 04:33:58 pm

55eta

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 04:33:58 pm »
The brackets of your pump/engine will fit ,you got no problems there the two wires you talk about on your pump /are they going to a box where the fuel shut of solenoid is if so you will have to either drill or grind the heads off the anti tamper bolts[small versions of ignition barrel bolts] securing it, and transfer it to the new pump as that is part of the immobilizer ,or run another live from the ignition ,not sure you get a live with out it as i have always carefully drilled out the bolts and replaced them with capheads there handy things to have are imoblizer.As for finding a new top you would be better of just using the hole pump because the chances are the top will come from a pug or Citroen and you will be starting from a90bhp factory set base line why try to re invent the wheel,and waste time and money on buying seals and swapping the tops when you can just swap the whole pump and have a 20 odd hp gain all set by the factory and the work your way up from there? /the Americans on this site are swapping the tops from the 1.6 td because they don't have easy access to the amount of pumps as we do in the uk there must be in excess of 20 different vehicles [cars/vans] that use the type of pump they are building [1.6top1.9 bottom ]but that is done more out of necessity than choice.If you are looking for a lot of power the pump to look out for is one of a renault master /peugeot boxer 2.8 td as they are 12mm pumps

Reply #18November 07, 2009, 04:49:10 pm

55eta

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 04:49:10 pm »
If you were refering to the wires on the aaz pump it is because you have a electronic cold start ,but it is simple to wire up to a switch, it just requiers a live and you just flick the swicth instead of useing the choke lever,

Reply #19November 07, 2009, 06:08:26 pm

tunedbandit

• User+

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 06:08:26 pm »
If you were refering to the wires on the aaz pump it is because you have a electronic cold start ,but it is simple to wire up to a switch, it just requiers a live and you just flick the swicth instead of useing the choke lever,
the pump that's on the van at the moment as the pull choke type cold start,,its easy enough to swap solenoids by the sounds of it,,yeah your right its best staying put with this pump tops as you say plenty in the UK,,do like the sound of the bigger pumps though,,,but i cut my teeth of the one that should be with me this week,,i will let you know how i get on,,,,,you been a great help & i take my hat off to you & the knowledge you have on diesels  8)