Author Topic: Where to Buy Injector Supply Lines  (Read 4394 times)

Reply #15November 02, 2009, 10:05:49 pm

Doakster

• Veteran

Re: Where to Buy Injector Supply Lines
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 10:05:49 pm »
FWIW, the lines are all the same length, they are just bent differently to fit the delivery valve length.  It looks like that eBay link would give you a new set for $70.

I asked the seller what pump they were made for.

His reply was that hey are for the "original TD pumps, no an NA pump"

So the TD pumps had the shorter valves and longer lines, and i should be good ordering the ebay set it sounds like.

Either way i can probably bend them to fit if need be.
1991 VW Jetta 1.6TD (Formally an ECO), Giles LDA Pump and Injectors, Techtonics 2.25" Down Pipe and Exhaust system, Rebuilt Trans with 3.94 final drive and a Peloquin Limited Slip Diff, Front H&R Sport Springs, MK4 VR6/1.8T front brakes, Single Round Headlight Conversion.

Reply #16November 03, 2009, 12:56:01 am

bajacalal

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 12:56:01 am »
The TD lines are bent differently than the NA lines to clear the "spaceship" boost controlled enrichment device on top of the injection pump. The #2 line looks like one of those silly straws and has about 4 more bends in it than it really needs IMHO. The eco-diesel is different still.

I really advise against trying to bend the lines. They are not easy to bend and they are rather fragile on these cars compared to other diesels, I think. Bending them or even manhandling them during repairs (loosen the nuts if you are going to be moving the injection pump) tends to cause them to fail.

Either suck it up and pay the price for new lines or wait for a good used set to come along. They turn up here in the "for sale" forum every now and then.

Reply #17November 03, 2009, 06:20:41 pm

Doakster

• Veteran

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 06:20:41 pm »
Just picked up a turbo diesel set off ebay, should be good to go with my new LDA pump
1991 VW Jetta 1.6TD (Formally an ECO), Giles LDA Pump and Injectors, Techtonics 2.25" Down Pipe and Exhaust system, Rebuilt Trans with 3.94 final drive and a Peloquin Limited Slip Diff, Front H&R Sport Springs, MK4 VR6/1.8T front brakes, Single Round Headlight Conversion.

S-PAutomotive.com