Engine Specific Info and Questions > Non VW Group Diesel

boost on 4D55T engine

(1/1)

zyewdall:
I finally installed a boost gauge on my Mitsubishi truck, and it never seems to get above 10psi.    Just wondering if anyone else has seen otherwise, or knows if this is normal.

Zeke

Maarten:
10psi could be the stock boostsetting.. (seems normal to me)

Master ACiD:
could the exhaust be overly restrictive? how about the intake?  maybe the boost enrichment isnt functioning?

zyewdall:

--- Quote from: "Master ACiD" ---could the exhaust be overly restrictive? how about the intake?  maybe the boost enrichment isnt functioning?
--- End quote ---

The whole intake system doesn't look very big for a 2.3l engine -- I would expect larger diameter tubing and such on a diesel.  But I don't really know.  what is the expected boost on a stock 1.6TD setup (if there is such a thing as stock?).  I read alot of threads talking about 14psi or so, but those may be modified ones?

I haven't tested to see if the boost enrichment is functioning, but it seems to have plenty of power when the boost pressure starts going up which implies that it does.  Maybe there should be more?  One thing is that I also did which could be affecting it was I turned the fuel screw down to where it doesn't produce any visible smoke even at WOT (running B100).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version