Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: winter is coming aux heater in a MK1  (Read 9536 times)

Reply #30October 28, 2009, 09:39:28 am

macka

• Veteran

Re: winter is coming aux heater in a MK1
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2009, 09:39:28 am »
Hell, Thompson was the SOUTH end of my territory when I lived up there.  We'd come home to warm up in January.

Now, let me see: Thunder Bay - that's so far South it's almost in another COUNTRY!

Sunny Coppermine (now tuktoyuktuk), now that was cold. We still had snow and ice, when Thompson had green grass. For the record Southern ON treats us like another country.
Quote from: Vincent Walden
I do know that I drive torque,  while listening to my friends prattle on about horsepower.

Reply #31November 06, 2009, 10:22:49 am

Pat Dolan

• Junior

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 10:22:49 am »
Yeah, THAT is the North, for sure.  When we first went to Thompson, it was the South end of my territory, but the NW extreme was North of Yellowknife.  Never got to Tuck.  But of all of those areas, Churchill was about the worst.  Had 50/50/100 days clear into late December (50 below, 50mph winds and 100% humidity from the open water of Hudsons Bay). I have climbed out through 5,000 feet of "ground drifting" after chipping an inch or so of rime ice off the North side of the airplane on the ground.

BTW: I always figured the best solution to Canada's political problems was to divide the country somewhere around Sudbury on a North/South axis.  Let Ontario deal with PQ and leave the rest of us alone to just go to work and take care of business.

quote author=macka link=topic=20887.msg170282#msg170282 date=1256737168]
Hell, Thompson was the SOUTH end of my territory when I lived up there.  We'd come home to warm up in January.

Now, let me see: Thunder Bay - that's so far South it's almost in another COUNTRY!

Sunny Coppermine (now tuktoyuktuk), now that was cold. We still had snow and ice, when Thompson had green grass. For the record Southern ON treats us like another country.
[/quote]
lifetime VW enthusiast, racer, fixer, addict, etc.
'03 TDI Variant, MkII Golf Country, Mk1 and II Scirocco (gassers), a Vanagon aircooled, an Audi 2.0 TD waiting to become a Porsche TD (in my M471 924), FLD120/DDEC IV, Ford 7.3/450, Iveco D220 and some 6D14T Mitsus and a few more.

Reply #32November 07, 2009, 10:25:46 pm

macka

• Veteran

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2009, 10:25:46 pm »
Pat, 

I have a buddy that flies a twin turbo otter for the gov out that way. If you see a short sawed off no haired grey bearded guy on the flight line with an ocean and fisheries plane. Ask if he is from Nipigon and if he is, ask him how many smelt can be stuffed in a file cabinet.  ;D
Quote from: Vincent Walden
I do know that I drive torque,  while listening to my friends prattle on about horsepower.

Fixmyvw.com