S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Ticketed.....  (Read 7578 times)

Reply #15November 24, 2009, 04:26:26 am

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
Re: Ticketed.....
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 04:26:26 am »
I had a similar situation ...

I got pulled over for going 75 in a 70 in a country road in the middle of NOWHERE (chilliwack lake road for you other BC guys) they gave me a citation for the back end being too low, no front plate, my split exhaust, cracked windshield, the colour being wrong on my insurance (painted it that month) and a rear door handle that didn't work.
they also gave me one for having my tires "too close" to the walls of the fender wells when my steering wheel is full lock. they don't rub... these two cops just didn't "like it"
So i had that massive fix it ticket (thankfully no money to be paid) plus a no N ticket, plus the speeding, plus the too many passengers. My girlfriend's twin sister had to drive my car out of that mess... The WEEK before i had failed my full license test for shifting gears in intersections.... if you're first at a red light you're supposed to redline in first through an intersection apparently - that's safer...

So i had 14 days to fix all that sh-stuff. All i did was add three more hangers to my exhaust and when i went to the police station the guy who was supposed to look at my car said "so is the exhaust loud?"
i say solemnly, because i did NOT want to be there,  "no ... not really... the cops just said it 'looked loose'"
and his reply was " and is it still?"
"no" i say
"and this other stuff like the ... something about tires?"
"I got the exhaust shop to look at it [that was a lie - i welded my exhaust my self] and they said it was fine"
"have a nice day" as he turned around and went back into the police station...

oh yeah i forgot to mention... this resulted in my license being suspended when i filed a police report 29 days ago about being a victim of a hit and run. Someone ran a stop sign and hit my rear fender.
That day ICBC had a cop take my license from me in person ... weird eh? at least the other party was found 100% liable and i get $367 for it.
So, 30 days will be up tomorrow. Hopefully I get to break in the new rings this friday.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 04:33:59 am by Smokey Eddy »
Ed
Blacked out mk2 AAZ Jetta RIP. You are missed.
White 1999.5 ALH Golf 2dr. Low & wide. Rammed off the road RIP.
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #16November 25, 2009, 10:46:08 pm

macka

• Veteran

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 10:46:08 pm »
maybe we should call you Lucky Eddie not Smokey Eddie
Quote from: Vincent Walden
I do know that I drive torque,  while listening to my friends prattle on about horsepower.

Reply #17November 26, 2009, 01:39:43 am

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 01:39:43 am »
naw the jetta still smokes like a chimney :P
Ed
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #18July 08, 2010, 06:45:03 pm

Thezorn

• Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 06:45:03 pm »
The other day I was plaing around with me Turbo wastegate and IP and decided to take her for a drive to see how it ran. To my surprise I had done well and it ran a bit nicer then before. Stopped at the stop sign at the end of the street, then turned left, deciding to see how well it gets up to speed. 1st, 2nd and then 3rd, glanced at the speedo and was at about 70 pretty fast. Next thing I did was look up to see Mr. Officer waving me down and signaling for me to pull over. Luckily he was just over the top of a small hill so i couldn't see him as I sped up

Fortunatley for me I new the Officer so I got out of the ordeal with the punishment of 10 Push-Ups.
I luckily avoided and few tickets with this one.
Compounded 93 AAZ

Reply #19July 08, 2010, 08:04:01 pm

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 08:04:01 pm »
omg! HAHAHAHAHAH THAT IS LUCKY
Ed

Reply #20July 11, 2010, 12:33:45 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 12:33:45 pm »
Never gotten a ticket, drive rather fast anytime I'm behind the wheel.. Must have a horseshoe up there or smething ;)

Reply #21July 11, 2010, 02:26:25 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 02:26:25 pm »
i must have gotten your share of tickets jeremy, im sitting at lucky #13 ticket on my record.

Reply #22July 11, 2010, 03:25:12 pm

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 03:25:12 pm »
Never gotten a ticket, drive rather fast anytime I'm behind the wheel.. Must have a horseshoe up there or smething ;)

I had my license suspended for not displaying my magnetic "N driver" plate thing and driving gf at the time and her twin sister. In BC if you've only had your license for 2 years you can't drive more than one passenger.
Then my 2 years got reset so even now i still have to display my "new driver" plate although im approaching 21 and i've been driving since i was 16.
tell me how that makes sense...
Ed

Fixmyvw.com