Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: How rich can i run?  (Read 2059 times)

June 18, 2009, 07:50:51 pm

91jettaidi

How rich can i run?
« on: June 18, 2009, 07:50:51 pm »
Hey guys just want to say this is my first time posting here. I have been following for a while but finally registered today. I just wanted to know if i can run my 91' Jetta rich . . . . well i no i can but what would be the limit. I am going to get some one to tweak it for me but i love to see the cloud behind me when i put the foot down but i don't want any thing to overhead or go bad so how much is to much thanks.

Reply #1June 18, 2009, 08:06:43 pm

gigaz2

• Veteran

Re: How rich can i run?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 08:06:43 pm »
welcome to the forum.

a cloud is too much already.
if your car already makes one, manifold needs cleaning because of years of pent up EGR and oil vapour
most cars don't need more power, they need maintenance to get the lost power back ;)

Reply #2June 18, 2009, 11:45:41 pm

91jettaidi

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 11:45:41 pm »
ya but i do like smoking people i mean i only want it to smoke when i put my foot down not when i drive normally but would it still be alright to tweak it rich and what should i clean? the car has been sitting for about 8 months and i still didn't change the oil but i drove it for about 10 min and thats about it.

Reply #3June 19, 2009, 09:39:56 pm

oldskool rich

• Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 09:39:56 pm »
its always worth cleaning the inlet manifold and ports, they get clogged up to ***.

if your timing is right then black smoke is too much fuel not enough boost, there will always be a period wen there is more fuel than boost but smoke shud clear wen the turbo kicks in, if its still black then your running too much fuel that its not getting burned or not enough boost and you can tighten the bleed valve a little more, your choise

as long as you run a 2.5" down pipe then EGT shouldnt be a problem, best get a gauge just to make sure

what engine are you rolling with in the jetta, what mods you done?

f6squared I.D.S.T

Reply #4June 19, 2009, 09:43:13 pm

91jettaidi

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 09:43:13 pm »
well i got the 1.6 with the KKK turbo on it but its been sitting for 8 months the guy said it was a bad fuel pump but was just the wire on the solenoid. I am planning on running either a 2.5 or 3 inch straight pipe and tweaking it to run a bit rich and turn up the turbo a bit but when i put the foot down i would like to just see black behind me with out any damage to my engine.