Author Topic: 1.9 tdi to m-tdi? Mtdi pump wont fit TDI bracket...HELP!!!  (Read 2685 times)

May 25, 2009, 11:19:43 am

kawgomoo

Hello everyone, first post here.

I have a little swap i am working on. 1.9 TDI from a 96 passat B4. Going into a Suzuki Samurai.

Got the m-tdi pump conversion from Tintin.

went to put the motor together and the pump Tintin sent me wont fit through the hole in the pump bracket on the block. What do i need to do here?

The nose cone has a locating collar, that is larger in diameter than the hole in the stock pump bracket.

do i..
a) modify the bracket {pump will fit sloppy in the locating hole, this does not make me feel safe}
b) get the correct bracket {what year/make/model do i need one from}
c) Is this why they talk about using the adjustable pulley, maching the front flat and turning it around backwards? {i do have the adjustable pulley and hub}
d) is it possible the wrong part was assembled onto the pump causing it not to fit??

i really have no idea about these little motors so please excuse my ignorance,  just need to figure out the proper steps to take to get this thing up and running :)

Thanks in advance for all your help!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:53:32 am by kawgomoo »

Reply #1May 26, 2009, 01:25:44 pm

ryanp

• Veteran

Re: 1.9 tdi to m-tdi? Mtdi pump wont fit TDI bracket...HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 01:25:44 pm »
Take a look on the topic i posted regarding the sprockets, As for the hole, I had an engineer friend make it larger, he drilled about 50 tiny holes around the existing hole and filed it out to a tight fit! Glad i got him to do it!

th early IDI bracket would have fitted my pump and engine perfectly without mods but it was missing the alternator and idler pulley mounts!
Brand new TDi injector sets:
http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?topic=25862.0

Golf Mk2 TDi Van - 250WHP

Reply #2May 26, 2009, 01:50:57 pm

snakemaster

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 01:50:57 pm »
Take a look on the topic i posted regarding the sprockets, As for the hole, I had an engineer friend make it larger, he drilled about 50 tiny holes around the existing hole and filed it out to a tight fit! Glad i got him to do it!

th early IDI bracket would have fitted my pump and engine perfectly without mods but it was missing the alternator and idler pulley mounts!
you can fit the alternator bracket from a 1.9 d vw , and you dont need the small idler pulley but you could all was drill the 1Y bracket and fit the small idler pulley
Glenmorangie  single highland malt

Reply #3May 26, 2009, 01:59:36 pm

kawgomoo

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 01:59:36 pm »
thanks guys, tintin pm'd me and told me to just have the bracket machined out. No big deal, there is a machine shop right across the street from the house :)

we still have no idea what we are doing for alternator/bracket or any other accessories, so finding an early model bracket would be cool too.  fabbing up an idler pulley and even an alt bracket is no problem.

thanks for the quick replies, hopefully we will get this little thing rolling soon. ive never messed with a little diesel like this before...and i gotta say its pretty freaking exciting!