Author Topic: Brighter Headlights?  (Read 9603 times)

Reply #45April 28, 2009, 11:48:36 pm

Turbinepowered

• Veteran

Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2009, 11:48:36 pm »
Quote from: "catlin_cava"
The only time i would put HID's in a car and not modify the light set up is if it was an off road use only such as our wood truck,

Cool, then we're on a level and good to go. :D Sorry to go off on the topic, though.

Reply #46April 28, 2009, 11:48:53 pm

catlin_cava

• Veteran

Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2009, 11:48:53 pm »
Quote from: "8v-of-fury"
Quote from: "Turbinepowered"
College town, lots of "cool kids" on the scene... annoying as crap in a bag and dangerous to boot.

Dickhead college punks riving civics and integras are NOT on the cool scene.. LOL I hate what my generation has become, and I thank god I do not follow in there retarded footsteps

I like the look of a well done tuner. they look sweet, My gf's got a tuner in the works with her 08 accent. but we both can't stand the little punks that think they are all that with a beat up civic.
Catlin

2012 VW Golf 2.5 5speed Deep Black Pearl
1999.5 VW Jetta TDI Bosch .216mm injectors and Malone stage 2, soon 11mm pump and vnt 22(parked for the winter)
2010 VW Golf City 2.0L "Hers"

Reply #47April 28, 2009, 11:49:50 pm

catlin_cava

• Veteran

Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2009, 11:49:50 pm »
Quote from: "catlin_cava"
The only time i would put HID's in a car and not modify the light set up is if it was an off road use only such as our wood truck,

Cool, then we're on a level and good to go. :D Sorry to go off on the topic, though.

its ok man I know right where your coming from on that lol :lol:
Catlin

1999.5 VW Jetta TDI Bosch .216mm injectors and Malone stage 2, soon 11mm pump and vnt 22(parked for the winter)

Reply #48April 28, 2009, 11:50:41 pm

Turbinepowered

• Veteran

Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2009, 11:50:41 pm »
College town, lots of "cool kids" on the scene... annoying as crap in a bag and dangerous to boot.

Dickhead college punks riving civics and integras are NOT on the cool scene.. LOL I hate what my generation has become, and I thank god I do not follow in there retarded footsteps

Unfortunately, Jettas and Golfs of Mk4 and up are the big thing around here.  :roll:

Sad to see what VW has become. These kids have the easiest VWs to upgrade properly to HIDs, practically drop in and plug up, and they still would rather get the cheapie drop-in kit with lamps and ballasts, chop their wiring to pieces, and run them like the ghetto crawlers they are.

Of course, these also are the same punks who measure how much fun they had the night before by how little they can remember.  :roll:  Where's the fun in never remembering what you did to have fun?

Reply #49April 29, 2009, 12:12:35 am

8v-of-fury

Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 12:12:35 am »

Of course, these also are the same punks who measure how much fun they had the night before by how little they can remember.  :roll:  Where's the fun in never remembering what you did to have fun?

That right there shows what my generation has become. When I drink I know my limit, and I play within it. I have friends.. well had friends.. who binge drink and cant remember any party they go to..

"Hey, Jesse do you remember that thing that happened last weekend at Josh's?" "no, i only remember the drive there.. i was too drunk"

Sounds like a blast huh?

Reply #50April 29, 2009, 12:16:53 am

Turbinepowered

• Veteran

Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2009, 12:16:53 am »
That right there shows what my generation has become. When I drink I know my limit, and I play within it. I have friends.. well had friends.. who binge drink and cant remember any party they go to..

"Hey, Jesse do you remember that thing that happened last weekend at Josh's?" "no, i only remember the drive there.. i was too drunk"

Sounds like a blast huh?

At least these kids aren't driving home. Usually they end up on my bus... so I get to deal with twenty one year old toddlers. :roll:

Reply #51April 29, 2009, 11:36:21 am

catlin_cava

• Veteran

Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2009, 11:36:21 am »

Sounds like a blast huh?

At least these kids aren't driving home. Usually they end up on my bus... so I get to deal with twenty one year old toddlers. :roll:

The wheels on teh bus go round and round... :lol:
Catlin

Reply #52April 30, 2009, 07:03:29 am

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 07:03:29 am »
If i had the money i would make a row of 4 Hella's that would mount to my roof rack for night driving in the boonies/mountain roads to avoid comeing face to face with a moose. And it woulda been just GREAT just yesterday...
.. me  in the left turn lane at a set of lights... as i turn through the intersection ...some lunatic passes me on the driver side a floors it down a straight flat road across the farm land. At the end of this road is a small historical town with narrow roads... limit's 30... i obviously end up right behind him...
gosh DANG would it have been nice ... *flick* goes the switch in the dash...
WWWOOOOOOOOOSSSHHHH the illumination would be BLINDING in his mirrors. The fool ended up going to one of the houses in my block... he made an incredible 2 full seconds of time on my "slow" diesel.
And im sure his rav4 burnt twice as much fuel as me with him in 2nd gear, floored, going up the big hill, screaming at +5,000rpm and im *bwaaaaaa-ing* behind in 4th at 5psi. egt <600f I could smell the rich exhaust.

Stupidity drives me "around the bend", as my parents from across the pond say.

ps. all know what i mean by *Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa* right? :) everyone's deeeze makes the bwaaa sound right?
Ed
Blacked out mk2 AAZ Jetta RIP. You are missed.
White 1999.5 ALH Golf 2dr. Low & wide. Rammed off the road RIP.
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #53April 30, 2009, 07:25:41 am

Turbinepowered

• Veteran

Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 07:25:41 am »
Quote from: "Smokey Eddy"

ps. all know what i mean by *Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa* right? :) everyone's deeeze makes the bwaaa sound right?

My daily driver diesels do not "Bwaaa" at all. They belch, roar, snort and growl, but they don't Bwa. :D

And the one I was driving last night had a major soot problem.  :shock: One light tap on the go-juice and instant midnight! She's headed to the shop Monday, though.

Reply #54April 30, 2009, 03:34:45 pm

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2009, 03:34:45 pm »
No big short straight exhaust?  :o I get the bwaa all the time in 4th up big hills at 80km/hr
Ed
Blacked out mk2 AAZ Jetta RIP. You are missed.
White 1999.5 ALH Golf 2dr. Low & wide. Rammed off the road RIP.
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #55May 01, 2009, 04:32:23 am

Turbinepowered

• Veteran

Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2009, 04:32:23 am »
Quote from: "Smokey Eddy"
No big short straight exhaust?  :o I get the bwaa all the time in 4th up big hills at 80km/hr

5" exhaust, single resonator, DOC, and it all wraps down, around and goes up about ten feet in the air before it exhausts. Venting the gasses from a 5.9L common rail industrial Cummins.

"Bwaaaa" is for four cylinders. :p

Reply #56May 01, 2009, 09:43:17 pm

8v-of-fury

Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2009, 09:43:17 pm »

What is this "Bwaaaa" sound??

Like is that the sound of a quick revving engine?? Being a 4 cyl?

Reply #57May 02, 2009, 02:33:58 am

Turbinepowered

• Veteran

Brighter Headlights?
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2009, 02:33:58 am »

What is this "Bwaaaa" sound??

Like is that the sound of a quick revving engine?? Being a 4 cyl?

"Bwaaa" is a combination of the "four cylinder buzz" and what is essentially a wide open air path from intake through exhaust. The exhaust pulses in a four cylinder tend to vibrate the exhaust, so they add the "b" to the engine's "waaaaa!"

The DDs I'm talking about are all Cummins inline sixes, they don't bwaaa. :D Actually, with the gear-drive on the cam, air compressors and hydraulic pumps (well, the primaries) there's a whole lot of whirring and whining going on back there.

One of them has had a too-tight alternator belt (12kW alternator :shock:) for too long, so the alternator bearing is dying. We call her "The Angry Hornet" as she goes about campus.

Fixmyvw.com