S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Electronic VNT control DIY  (Read 38805 times)

Reply #45June 01, 2013, 04:00:40 am

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re: Re: Re: Electronic VNT control DIY
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2013, 04:00:40 am »
Im surprised somebody smart doesn't sell kits for these turbos for dummies like me that just want to buy the parts, follow the directions and install.  Because I don't understand the techie stuff :)

This is the reason I only have stock junk on my 1.6td, would love to buy a kit to install, then take it down to the exhaust shop to have a custom fit kit made.  I hate the t3 turbo in my car :)

Kinda where I am too.  I could figure it out with the help of a few people I know, but I'm just not that motivated.
I would however spend money on a pre-figured solution.  I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

I found some solutions for around $600ish that the early Cummins guys are using - cool but out of my price range. There's a really sweet one I found for about $1300 but it has all kinds of animated displays and things - pretty much the anti of a VW mechanic diesel as far as I'm concerned.

The cheapest / least complicated while still needing fabrication solution is the Aurdrino setup. (sp?) It at least is a common platform so you aren't reliant on the brilliance of one individual who may get bored with it later in the future. Plus it uses mainly factory parts that are obtainable - key for any vehicle you intend to road trip with.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

Fixmyvw.com