Author Topic: WHY TDI?  (Read 15476 times)

Reply #60April 22, 2009, 07:48:22 pm

8v-of-fury

WHY TDI?
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2009, 07:48:22 pm »
I dunno... LUCK!?

or Good Beer, and Free Health Care??

I think I'll stay in Canada, just in case my luck runs out :P

How is Obama treating you guys? heard hes bein a real DOOFER

Reply #61April 22, 2009, 09:18:37 pm

maxfax

• Veteran

WHY TDI?
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2009, 09:18:37 pm »
Quote from: "8v-of-fury"

He's a politician..  Politicians are doofers...   I don;t feel stimulated yet either...

Reply #62April 22, 2009, 09:33:51 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
WHY TDI?
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2009, 09:33:51 pm »

I am very concerned with the US nation. I would go on about everything for hours, but being I want to somewhat stay to GTD forum topics I won't say one thing about it. After all someone might like the current situation and I would be an outcast on here for the rest of my life if I let it all out.

Back to OP...I have always wondered why it wasn't TIDI instead of TD and just regular old IDI for the non turbo IDI? That would have made it easier for me a while back, and apparently you as well.

Reply #63April 22, 2009, 11:00:28 pm

maxfax

• Veteran

WHY TDI?
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2009, 11:00:28 pm »
I'm gonna go with theman on the politics thing and for once keep my mouth shut.. Honestly I don't even care anymore..  I know how to get by with my own means so I'm sticking my head in the sand....

Although on the TIDI thing..  Say that out loud and you may know why they didn;t use that designation...   :wink:

While we're sort of back on topic, anyone else from other parts of the world been noticing fuel quality issues??  I posted somewhere else about this too I think..  Fuel quality as of the last few months has not been quite up to par around central PA... With this "Economic Meltdown" and  that after last summer people have greatly cut back on their fuel consumption there is alot of surplus floating around out there that has been in storage much longer than it normally is.. (Some of it is actually being stored in tanker trucks!)  

I started getting suspicious of this back in Feb as I seemed to be changing alot of fuel filters on my own and customer's cars (gas and diesel) ALso started getting alot of complaints of slightly reduced MPG's (for instance 27 instead of 30 )  At first I was blaming the cold weather but it's getting warmer and milage still suffers...  

I've noticed when I fill up one of the gassers that the gas did smell a bit off which got me wondering even more.. I started asking around..  Mainly the truck drivers delivering fuel..  They pretty much confirmed that the fuel they were delivering to the stations was indeed older than usual..

Reply #64April 22, 2009, 11:08:19 pm

8v-of-fury

WHY TDI?
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2009, 11:08:19 pm »
i have noticed that gas a few times has smelt like stale gas...

I wonder whats going on? a complete North American thing or what?

Reply #65April 22, 2009, 11:18:59 pm

maxfax

• Veteran

WHY TDI?
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2009, 11:18:59 pm »
I dunno if it's all of North America or what..   I know here in the North East US it's a growing problem..   Essentually what has happened is when gas hit 4 bucks a gallon this summer and slowed everything to a screeching halt fuel production was not slowed soon enough..  

THen when prices droped back down to what they are now the demand didn;t increase as much as was expected...  

This is where I'm not sure what is up..  If supply is high and demand is low, why is the price still where it's at???  Several media sources say it's because of the extra fees to store the stuff..  I'm not buying that.. Although I'm kinda glad to see the price not nosedive too low..  It's helping to still keep people wary and make some much overdue changes..

Reply #66April 23, 2009, 04:37:22 am

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
WHY TDI?
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2009, 04:37:22 am »
Just like to say...

http://vancruisers.ca/pics-videos/albums

Van City... Booyah!  :D  

and Jer, Cheese and Beer? That's a sinister combination!!!

I too have had dismal service from prothe but his head and valves seem to be doing ok. But they have less than 1,000km's under their belt.

I have nothing to say about the gas smell or politics OTHER than... that  i thought the US was a democracy? If the people living there have so many problems with it that they won't even get started in an assumed hot debate ... is it really democratic? :P

Hey Vince... we totally swept St. Louis ;) What now?  :lol:

ps. i hope this thread doesn't get locked. It's neat to see the users interact in a social way slightly pertaining to mechanics. It's not like it's taking away from the other threads.
Ed
Blacked out mk2 AAZ Jetta RIP. You are missed.
White 1999.5 ALH Golf 2dr. Low & wide. Rammed off the road RIP.
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #67April 23, 2009, 05:13:10 am

Turbinepowered

• Veteran

WHY TDI?
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2009, 05:13:10 am »
Quote from: "theman53"
Back to OP...I have always wondered why it wasn't TIDI instead of TD and just regular old IDI for the non turbo IDI? That would have made it easier for me a while back, and apparently you as well.

I can hear it now... "Oh, I drive a tidi" "A what!?" "A Tiddy! T-I-D-I, a turbodiesel man" "Oh, I thought you said you drove a boob..."

:lol:

Reply #68April 23, 2009, 11:28:25 am

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
WHY TDI?
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2009, 11:28:25 am »
Quote from: "8v-of-fury"
Quote from: "vanbcguy"

Beer + Bike = fun... ask me how I know...

You guys build custom bicycles?!? and then RIDE THEM!?!? DooooooD Thats cooool. Ive always liked bikes that look like that :)

Dang straight!!  Bikes are a heck of a lot cheaper than cars too... $300 and you've got a brand new ride (or maybe a bit more if you're going "super deluxe")... Now we've got about 14 bikes stuffed in the house between me and my wife (she rides too)...
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

Reply #69April 23, 2009, 01:43:18 pm

8v-of-fury

WHY TDI?
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2009, 01:43:18 pm »
how does this thread have over 70 posts!?  :shock:

LOL!

Also vanbcguy thats awesome bout the bikes.. cool to see people taking huge interst in something as simple as a bicycle, i love it.

Reply #70April 23, 2009, 07:41:26 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
WHY TDI?
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2009, 07:41:26 pm »
Quote from: "Smokey Eddy"
Just like to say...

Van City... Booyah!  :D  

and Jer, Cheese and Beer? That's a sinister combination!!!

I too have had dismal service from prothe but his head and valves seem to be doing ok. But they have less than 1,000km's under their belt.

I have nothing to say about the gas smell or politics OTHER than... that  i thought the US was a democracy? If the people living there have so many problems with it that they won't even get started in an assumed hot debate ... is it really democratic? :P

Hey Vince... we totally swept St. Louis ;) What now?  :lol:

ps. i hope this thread doesn't get locked. It's neat to see the users interact in a social way slightly pertaining to mechanics. It's not like it's taking away from the other threads.

sadly we in the USA are a republic not a democracy. I think with the powers of the internet we could be a voting democracy, but as it stands we are just a democratic republic.
And I would talk on here but it wouldn't do any good and as far right as my views are most on here would probably ask for the BANHAMMER to come and erase me from the forum...so I will not speak about the Obam(a)ination in office.

Reply #71April 23, 2009, 07:56:49 pm

8v-of-fury

WHY TDI?
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2009, 07:56:49 pm »
Lucas, I get the feeling you don't like your Over-ruler?

Democratic Republic? that's being too nice, Dictatorship. lol

Reply #72April 23, 2009, 08:15:47 pm

catlin_cava

• Veteran

WHY TDI?
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2009, 08:15:47 pm »
For some reason I can't figure out how this thread went from TDI/IDI to beer to Politics... :lol:
Catlin

2012 VW Golf 2.5 5speed Deep Black Pearl
1999.5 VW Jetta TDI Bosch .216mm injectors and Malone stage 2, soon 11mm pump and vnt 22(parked for the winter)
2010 VW Golf City 2.0L "Hers"

Reply #73April 23, 2009, 08:27:47 pm

8v-of-fury

WHY TDI?
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2009, 08:27:47 pm »
this is officially my favourite thread.

Politics are a good topic.. and I can't wait to see what it will spark next :P

Reply #74April 23, 2009, 08:53:39 pm

catlin_cava

• Veteran

WHY TDI?
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2009, 08:53:39 pm »
and this made 6 pages lol...
Catlin

2012 VW Golf 2.5 5speed Deep Black Pearl
1999.5 VW Jetta TDI Bosch .216mm injectors and Malone stage 2, soon 11mm pump and vnt 22(parked for the winter)
2010 VW Golf City 2.0L "Hers"

S-PAutomotive.com